. .
    Hi All.

Many thanks to all you forumites that have contributed to giving me some excellent advice, over the last 12 months, helping me to convert mY Hobbymat Hobby Mill to CNC control, many thanks especially to "Jazz"

All i have to do know is get a free cad package (all suggestions would be appreciated) i have downloaded MACH 3 from their web site, to a stand alone PC, (it's under the Cabinet bench so you cannot see it )

What shall i do first, configure Mach 3 to my Mill, or learn to use a CAD package?
    Ray
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc1.JPG 
Views:	1528 
Size:	934.4 KB 
ID:	12408

I'd say configure Mach 3 - you can cut stuff with just Mach 3 and some basic G code and understanding that process may help you understand what's going on with the CAD

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    What FF just said.
    You do quite a bit with just the Mach wizards.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

A good free CAD package is Draftsight, very much like AutoCAD but done by the people who do Solidworks. Lots of other free packages out there but I can recomend that one as I use it.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    A good free CAD package is Draftsight, very much like AutoCAD but done by the people who do Solidworks. Lots of other free packages out there but I can recomend that one as I use it.
    Many Thanks

Thread Information