Hi,
I am new to all this cnc stuff, and am looking to buy a Heiz machine - and will probably opt for the s-1000 in the end. My query is : am I deluding myself thinking that I will be able to set up and run this thing with my limited knowledge and experience of engineering ? I'm not thick, and I have been working with wood for a few years, but then I am in fact a linguist, not an engineer.I currently use band saws, chop saws, routers and belt sanders and use Photoshop for imaging and this to produce 2d wooden plaques that I sell on Amazon. I do get good feedback about quality, so people like what I do. My goal is to set up and earn reasonable money through signs and 2d / 3d decorative plaques, mainly in wood, both hard and soft and mdf.
I am concerned that the level of software problems that people encounter are going to stop me working effectively. What I want is to take the machine out of the box, spend some time learning the Vectric software, turn it on and and produce objects of a good enough standard to sell. Is this realistic ? I don't want to spend frustrating hours delving deep into G-code to correct errors every time I switch the Heiz on.
Any constructive criticism or ideas/reactions out there ? Thanks.
By the way - Owen and Robin - north of London is not necessarily "oop North". In fact, it is mostly "darn sarf". If you want "oop North" try going to Hartlepool - that's really scary !