. .
    Hi all

Now that Robocutters no longer is selling CNC kits, I was wondering if some of you could
    point me to other sellers in Uk or germany (or at least in EU).

Thanks

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Hi Pete
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am new @ this game but do visit a couple of times a day, if you read some of the posts you will find that kits and even some expensive(for what they are) manufactured machines are well below an acceptable quality/accuracy, most of the guys eventually (with a lot of help from the forum members) realise that to get a decent machine @ a reasonable cost they have to make one. This might sound a bit daunting but the guys on the forum are very helpfull and will put you on the right path.
    If you could let us know what kind of surface area you need and the type on materials you wish to machine this will give us a better idea of a suitable construction.
    It could be possible that on of the fleabay chinese machines might suffice if you were only wanting it for light engraving of PCB manufacture.
    Regards
    Mike

HI Mike

Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking the working area should be 1250 x 1500 mm.
    Cutting wood, Lexan/acrylic but also aluminium.

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Pete
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am new @ this game but do visit a couple of times a day, if you read some of the posts you will find that kits and even some expensive(for what they are) manufactured machines are well below an acceptable quality/accuracy, most of the guys eventually (with a lot of help from the forum members) realise that to get a decent machine @ a reasonable cost they have to make one. This might sound a bit daunting but the guys on the forum are very helpfull and will put you on the right path.
    If you could let us know what kind of surface area you need and the type on materials you wish to machine this will give us a better idea of a suitable construction.
    It could be possible that on of the fleabay chinese machines might suffice if you were only wanting it for light engraving of PCB manufacture.
    Regards
    Mike

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Morning Pete
    That's a good size, but to be able to cut Ally it is going to have to be solid, preferably steel construction.
    Let us know what sort of a budget you are looking @ and with a bit of luck someone might know if kits are available within your price range.
    Mike

Thanks Mike

I think you all ready convinced me that a kit is the wrong way for me.
    I will take a look at some of the great projects here at MYCNCUK and then decide what I really need.

Thread Information