. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Can anybody help with the size of the triac, first CNC and after many days sat on google and a stiff neck I have decided I want this model.

Now I'm limited in space to get this machine in my garage, I have a concrete fence down 1 side then the house. The gap is only 790mm but only for a few inch then opens up a good few ft at the end if you get my meaning, now is it possible to get this machine through this space.

Failing this model what would be a good CNC mill to buy that would fit down this space, has said googled for many days. Would be machining alloy and hopefully titanium.

Thanks

Sent from a GS4 using tapacrap
    Last edited by Dean jeffery; 29-05-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    is the triac green or white, open framed or closed case.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    is the triac green or white, open framed or closed case.
    Im not sure I don't have 1 yet, but most I have seen have been fully enclosed.

Nobody able to answer my question, will I be able to get the machine down the side if my house.

Failing this what would a decent CNC machine fit through.

Last edited by Dean jeffery; 31-05-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
    Nobody able to answer my question, will I be able to get the machine down the side if my house.
    How can anyone tell you that when you haven't specified a particular machine. Denford triacs come in few forms so unless you know exactly the model few can accurately answer. Those that have Triacs could answer but there model spec may be differant to what you "May" end up buying.!
    i2i as good experience with these machines but obviously you can't tell him which model so again he probably can't answer your question accurately.

Personally I would find a machine you like get intouch and get them to accurately measure it in several places. Also at worst case if you find it doesn't fit then you can always strip it down and take inside.! This is common practice with mills and it doesn't hurt to give the machine a good clean from the start and get to know it intimately.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    How can anyone tell you that when you haven't specified a particular machine. Denford triacs come in few forms so unless you know exactly the model few can accurately answer. Those that have Triacs could answer but there model spec may be differant to what you "May" end up buying.!
    i2i as good experience with these machines but obviously you can't tell him which model so again he probably can't answer your question accurately.

Personally I would find a machine you like get intouch and get them to accurately measure it in several places. Also at worst case if you find it doesn't fit then you can always strip it down and take inside.! This is common practice with mills and it doesn't hurt to give the machine a good clean from the start and get to know it intimately.

Good luck
    Thanks for the input, but did not no the triacs came in many sizes. Thought the enclosed ones was just 1 size fits all, but these don't seem to come up very offten so finding 1 then asking sizes will take time. In which the machine could well get sold, so if people who have 1 state the size and model then this would mean I no which to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
    Thanks for the input, but did not no the triacs came in many sizes.
    They probably don't come in many sizes and I didn't say size I said Many forms Ie: Enclosed or not enclosed etc and while I don't have much experience with them what I said still remians true. If you have a particular machine in mind then just go measure it or have the seller measure it.? To be honest I don't see the problem here.? . . . . In Worst case strip it down.!

Look up denfordata on Google, has downloads of all the manuals etc for denford machines. I have a Novamill, converted to mach3, a truly excellent little machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHaine View Post
    Look up denfordata on Google, has downloads of all the manuals etc for denford machines. I have a Novamill, converted to mach3, a truly excellent little machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers john

i have the denford triac p.c. for sale here is the sizes of my machine. max length 1000mm. max width 600mm.
    height 850mm. weight (net) 240 kilos.
    hope this helps.if you need anymore info on this machine and i will give it my best shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information