. .

Thread: tree problems!

spent an hour or so yesterday morning making a prototype of these trees out of some 6mm ply.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tree.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	310.8 KB 
ID:	12504

Ive used vcarve for a while now without experiencing this problem, but for some reason (probably got something to do with importing a dwg) the toolpaths generated seemed to "stutter" the machine. Unline normal paths, the maching jittered all the way around the profile. Had to turn the acceleration and velocity down as it almost shook the thing to peaces.

as im asking for help here, I thought id give you best possible chance of seeing the problem. So Ive included everything

firstly, youtube video

dxg i based vcarve file on
    http://buzz.pensys.co.uk/pensys/Tree2-120.dwg

vcarve file
    http://buzz.pensys.co.uk/pensys/vcarve.crv

toolpaths
    http://buzz.pensys.co.uk/pensys/toolpaths.zip

I check mach was set on 'constant velocity' and you can see from the straight at the end of the video, when in structed the machine normally runs much faster

any help anybody can afford me will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Hmm it looks like it is stopping or hesitating after every segment in the arc. Have you tried outputing the mach file as arcs rather than straight lines.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    Hmm it looks like it is stopping or hesitating after every segment in the arc. Have you tried outputing the mach file as arcs rather than straight lines.
    thanks for the reply gav.

thats what I thought... but the post processor is set to mach 2/3 with arcs

is there anything else im missing?

Can it be that the file was supplied with a really fine break down of the arcs into tiny little striaght line segements during .dwg conversion and mach just is struggling to keep up with the processing each move.
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 01-06-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    CNC routing and prototyping services www.cncscotland.co.uk

ADD ME ON FACEBOOKS

Matt, The problem is that your curves are made up of thousands of tiny straight lines rather than arcs. You need to reduce the number of nodes making up the curves. Have a look at this post : Vectric Forum • View topic - Node editing

It looks like you're not the first to have tree problems :)

Si.

Type g64 into Mdi and press enter before running code just to be sure your in CV mode. This looks very much like it's running in exact stop mode (g61).

Check code for g61 using replace & find.

Failing that then it's because there's too many lines making up the arc's so turn down tuning or reduce number of lines.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 01-06-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Ah didn't see Simon's post so looks like he's found the reason if not running g61. ..! (How's my baby running Si.?)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ah didn't see Simon's post so looks like he's found the reason if not running g61. ..! (How's my baby running Si.?)
    It's running great thanks mate. It munched its way through a block of ali quite happily yesterday without breaking a sweat (or a cutter!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-06-01 11.06.23.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	12505  

Quote Originally Posted by firetrappe View Post
    It's running great thanks mate. It munched its way through a block of ali quite happily yesterday without breaking a sweat (or a cutter!)
    Clearly states in my terms and conditions "For wood use only" so your first job is great big macking lump of Ali.!!. . . . That's it Warranty void. .

Thread Information