. .
    Hello,

I am here to gather information about CNC routers as I plan to make one!\lambda\theta !

Hi pickle, welcome to the forum !

.Me
    .Me

Intrigued by the lambda theta reference. Care to enlighten me?
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

I wondered that...maybe he's Greek but emigrated to Reading?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I wondered that...maybe he's Greek but emigrated to Reading?
    Could be an Latin Dancing goat. . or could be a Latin Sorority with this mission.?

Mission: The purpose of Lambda Theta Alpha shall be to provide a sisterhood based on unity, love, and respect. To develop strong leaders who will then provide and practice political, social and cultural activities. Promote unity through charitable and educational programs. Maintain a higher standard of learning and serve as a voice for all students.

I was trying out the Greek alphabet at the bottom of the text box. Didn't work too well.

I prefer JazzCNC's story, lets go sister! Going to find some information about ball vs lead screws now. nice evil teapot you have here.

Quote Originally Posted by picklehead View Post
    Going to find some information about ball vs lead screws now. nice evil teapot you have here.
    Don't waste your time just buy ballscrews they are far better than leadscrews. The main differance is the effieciency, ballscrews are much more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Don't waste your time just buy ballscrews they are far better than leadscrews. The main differance is the effieciency, ballscrews are much more efficient.

noted. and having read around a bit, I have come to that conclusion, lead screws seem they would work well for z axis, and low cost hobby machines.

Quote Originally Posted by picklehead View Post
    noted. and having read around a bit, I have come to that conclusion, lead screws seem they would work well for z axis, and low cost hobby machines.
    I wouldn't even use them on a Z axis unless mainly cutting 2D parts with very little Z movement. The Z axis on a CNC machine is the most important part has any weakness here will show in the work quality. Ballscrews from china are so cheap there's no reason to use leadscrew unless you can get it for free.!!

Thread Information