. .
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Thats the only issue with the design, I noticed exactly what your talking about...Well alteast i think haha, The gantry... when adding all the components to the gantry ill have to do so in a certain order...and if say the whole gantry is assembled and i need to removed the ballscrew but then id have o dismantle the whole thing... the only issue i can see.

I will be having the machine welded up then going ahead with the expxy method..

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Doesn't make a Jot of difference
    I can tell you have never had to write the manual

Problem with writing the manual is you have to cover all the bases, because you know some geek is going to figure out the problem and ask you why it isn't a problem. You have to try and out geek the geeks by spotting all the snags before they do. Patting a geek on the head and saying, "Don't worry about it sonny" does not work. They can smell fear.

Let's suppose your driver(s) are the forgetful step pattern kind. They always fire up on the same pattern, a pattern that will repeat every 1.8 degrees.

Now suppose you parked the machine 0.9 degrees out of phase to that so when you power up it can leap either way.

Suppose one leaps CW and the other CCW, both equally valid. The gantry is now out of square. You can bump every home switch in Christendom but the most you can do is detect the error, you can't fix it unless you can drive the motors independently.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Hewitt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Suppose one leaps CW and the other CCW, both equally valid. The gantry is now out of square. You can bump every home switch in Christendom but the most you can do is detect the error, you can't fix it unless you can drive the motors independently.
    Yes agreed but you obviously have no experience of how twin axis slaving works with home switches. They do move the motors independant so I'll say it again "It doesn't make a Jot of difference if you use home switches" Your argument only works if you don't use home switches and when slaving motors you should always use home switches.
    Now to clear the Geek fear manual you have, which is unfair to geeks really, i'd call them fucking idiots my self then I'll clarify by saying "Separate home switches on Slaved axis motors"
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 09-06-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Can someone clarify what a "twin axis" is please, I've tried to find information on it but everything I found relates to minerals or more specifically crystals.

I even tried "twin axis slaving" but I already new about setting up slaved motors in Mach 3, so those results didn't really help, the correlation please.

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Can someone clarify what a "twin axis" is please, I've tried to find information on it but everything I found relates to minerals or more specifically crystals.

I even tried "twin axis slaving" but I already new about setting up slaved motors in Mach 3, so those results didn't really help, the correlation please.

.Me
    Lee if you don't know by now then you need to hang up your boots mate. .

Suppose Twin Axis is wrong really.? Should be "Single Axis Twin motors slaved together" . . . . . Try that it will probably come up with Match.COM.!!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information