. .
    Evening all,
    I'm Luke, a hobbyist engineer hailing from Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire.
    Currently building a 3D Printer/CNC Dremel tool and thought I'd register and say hi as its my first big project and may require some help! I have some electronics background as a hobbyist and some Control Panel Design and Manufacturing experience from a previous occupation.
    Anyway enough gabber, any questions ask away, as I'm sure I'l be asking plenty!
    Many thanks,
    Luke

Hi Luke welcome to the forums!

We have a relatively new 3D Printing sub-forum ready and waiting for your build log, it would be nice to see something new in this section if you do plan on detailing your machine build so good luck and if you need anything just let me know.

.Me
    .Me

Thanks Lee, I'm currently still awaiting several parts but once I have them I will be reviving my old blog and will knock up a build thread. I'm hoping to use the same CNC platform for the dremel, printing nozzle and a laser but my first plan is the dremel and I need a lot of advice on engraving if you can help at all?
    Luke

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok post your questions in the relevant sections and I will help where I can, I would consider a kress spindle over a dremel but probably best to discuss in what will be your other threads.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 07-06-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    .Me

Like Lee says forget Dremel waste of time and money but I will also wait on your thread to discuss.

Can you point me in the direction of a kress spindle to investigate? I will only be engraving traffolyte labels and plastics/lexan hence the dremel idea.
    Many thanks
    Luke

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Hey Luke, Kress spindles available from here:

Spindle

...a good on-line supplier, although you may be able to find cheaper elsewhere.

Wal.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

Thread Information