Hello all, new to the site just.

I'm a forty something newbie to CNC at least in terms of using mills etc, but I have a background in Electronics and spent a couple of very interesting years not too long ago doing component level repairs on CNC controllers, VFD's, servo's, power supplies and PLC's for a local company.

Whilst creating some brackets to mount infra red heater elements for my latest project (toaster reflow oven) - by hand - I got to thinking "There must be a better way !", so I started looking for a cheap mill.

I quickly realised that there is a large range of good and not so good equipment and that I would find a lot of value in 'lurking' with the professionals and tapping in on their experience - so here I am

Hopefully in return I may be able to give something back to the forum.

Kind Regards,
    Robin Commander

Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 6,192. Received thanks 1,011 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Welcome Robin,

So you can repair VFD's.? Well get ready for it your just about to get mobbed by loads of folks with blown VFD's tapping up your services. . Including me.

That said feel free to tap into me and my experience.

Hi Robin, welcome to the forum. I am sure with your knowledge and experience in electronics will make you a valued member of this forum. A cnc that makes toast now that's a good idea LOL as it will make a welcome change from Drivers and VFD's becoming toast.
    Mike :)

Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 6,192. Received thanks 1,011 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That said feel free to tap into me and my experience.
    Just read that again it just sounds plan wrong. .
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 15-06-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Just read that again it just sounds plan wrong. .
    Thanks for the welcome guys :-)