. .
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    so if i mount the coil on a plate and the plate is earthed , will that not in turn earth the bolt holding the coil? will that be enough or will i have to earth the bolt also
    There is no problem earthing the bolt with the plate. What you MUST NOT do is earth both ends of the bolt as this would present a shorted turn to the coil.
    Regarding the button I have not seen one before are you sure it is not just a vent. Clive

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

maybe a vent as you said . i'll fire off an email to the supplier and see what comes back. cheers Clive

i'm in the process of building the power supply and would like to know if thermal compound is used on the base of the rectifier and on the base of the capacitor. i don't know if it's advisable to mount these without it. i had a look online for paste but keep getting paste for cpu's .
    will this do?

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    i'm in the process of building the power supply and would like to know if thermal compound is used on the base of the rectifier and on the base of the capacitor. i don't know if it's advisable to mount these without it. i had a look online for paste but keep getting paste for cpu's .
    will this do?
    I mount the rectifier with thermal paste you don't use it on the caps. Paste for the cpu should be fine. ..Clive

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

i decided to test the coil with a power up so i used a safe block , hooked up the brown and blue to 230 vac i then joined black and yellow together and red and orange together on the secondary and put them in a terminal connector . when i engaged the safe block the coil hummed for about a second and then stopped. i checked the fuse in the safe block ( 13 amp ) and it was blown so i tried again and the same thing happened. i metered the connector and obviously got no reading . am i correct in thinking that i should not have blown the fuse and should have 50v ac across the terminals?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7593.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	355.8 KB 
ID:	14819  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 06-03-2015 at 04:19 PM.

Do you have a link for the coil?

You need to connect the two sec. coils in series so join red and yellow and measure black and orange 50V It might well blow the fuse on start up with a 625w coil
    ..Clive
    Last edited by Clive S; 06-03-2015 at 05:17 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/c...nge/CM0625225/

just my luck to blow fuses. i thought i might have connected it wrong or perhaps i shouldn't have tested in in the manner in which i did. should i wait to get the rest of the supply hooked up or would that matter?

Name:	power supply.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	14820  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 06-03-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    http://www.airlinktransformers.com/c...nge/CM0625225/

just my luck to blow fuses. i thought i might have connected it wrong or perhaps i shouldn't have tested in in the manner in which i did. should i wait to get the rest of the supply hooked up or would that matter?
    Ok short black and yellow together and take the output from red and orange then you should see 50V You have connected them in parallel . I think the fuse is blowing because of the surge. ..Clive
    Last edited by Clive S; 06-03-2015 at 05:59 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

cheers Clive , 52.1 beautiful V ac.

Name:	20150306_174925.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	14822  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 06-03-2015 at 07:00 PM.

finally got back to the power supply and got it set up . i'm reading 73 V DC . is this o.k. ? i know that 68 v dc is the magic number . is there a way to reduce it other than reducing the number of windings. i would not be comfortable with stripping out the coil to achieve that.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information