. .
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    As a matter of interest what do you get with S6000 Volts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

M3 S 6000 gives a reading of 4.1V @ '' MAX PULLEY '' 60000.

Ok and what is s3000 keep the pulley at 24000
    Last edited by Clive S; 28-05-2015 at 02:39 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

3.8 V @ S3000 . is there another variable i can change? what about the ''RATIO '' on the spindle pulley menu?

Tried the ratio variable and it made no difference.

Hi sorry I'm a little snowed under with work so been doing some late nights and I'm knackerd when come out of workshop late.

Ok I wasn't sure if the Steps per setting would have any affect but wanted you to check. Obviously it doesn't so forget this now.
    Well look at the PWMBase Freq & MinPWM now and see how this affects things. I've still not had time to check this out further but I'll suggest some more things to try.
    Only Try one at a time and reset back if it doesn't work before trying next.

First set Pulley back to 0 and 24000. Try using pulley #4 and see what affect this as.?

Next lets try to get 0V @ M5 so set Min base Freq to Zero and check with meter. If it has some affect then also check the voltage @ S12000.

Then try altering PWM base Freq and see what affects going up or down has to voltages. You should see some difference.

I would think playing with the Basefreq along with Pulleys should get you sorted. But again only try one thing at a time.

Unfortunately your at the point where helping from a distance isn't really possible as your down to fine tuning for speeds etc and that can only be done at the machine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Cheers Jazz, i'm away until late tonight myself so i'll have an avenue to explore when i get back. the more i get to play with the settings the more i'm beginning to understand the interactions of the process involved, Thanks once again.

hi Neale, how do you control the 12 volt psu dropping out and the 5 volt kicking in?

I have a 2-way centre-off switch mounted on my control box which has an old pc power supply in it. That gives me both +5 and +12 selected via the switch - purely manual operation. My new machine (under construction for rather too long now) will use gcode switching via the motion control card; I'm not sure yet whether to stick to 5V or to add a manual override to give a short 12V burst at the start of a session or when first pushing water through the system. Once the pipes are full, the system is balanced and it doesn't need much to keep the water circulating (from a bucket at the side of the bench - never gets very warm but I'm not working the spindle very hard).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

I have been busy most of the week but did have time to try and sort out the 1.5 v issue with the PWM on my breakout board. I tried changing the settings but didn't have any luck. in the end i had a read of http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7388-...se-Spindle-VFD (courtesy of Clive ) and decided to give this a go. i found a 10k 10 turn pot and it works a treat. i lost faith with the PWM control from the BOB because it ran on its own at a low R.P.M.when switched off and i didn't want to take any chances. The pot is on the door next to my P.C. so it worked out o.k.
    . my next task is to flash the table top and get it ready for some tee slot extrusion . i will have to revisit the PWM at a later stage when i'm more familiar and comfortable with the whole experience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pot on door.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	15461  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 06-06-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread Information