. .
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    what do you mean by auto configured.? Do you mean using the auto tune on the drives.? If so this won't stop them turning, If wrong or didn't work then all it would do is make motors run rough or stall.

What do you mean by Hook the signals in out.? . . . Need you to be more detailed on what your doing.

Have you wired the Drive enables into your e-stop system or in anyway at all.? . . If so then remove wires for elimination purposes.

It could be the Charge pump output if BOB as Charge pump feature.? You'll find it in OUTPUTS.
    Also make sure you have Enabled the Motor output.

Take some screen shots of motor outputs, inputs and output screens so can see how your set.

Better still post up the Mach Xml file of your setup and I'll have a look. you'll find it in mach3 folder using the same name as the profile your using and ending with xml. (Zip it up)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 02-05-2015 at 02:36 PM.

the manual for the drives allows me to auto configure the motors by switching SW4 twice in 1 second but i can only do this if i have the signals for the drives unpluged. when they are unpluged the motors go into a holding state i.e. they are powered.i have the drive enables wired directly to the bob enable inputs, when i disconnect them i can hear the motors humming and they are locked/held. sorry for the delay , i'm using a p.c. with no internet, paint , office , . i have it dedicated for MACH3 so i had to transfer files to my laptop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor selection.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	15242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	input 1.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	637.1 KB 
ID:	15243  
    Attached Files Attached Files

also, my reset will only come out of'' external e/stop triggered''
    if i have it set to pin 12, 13 or 15. if i set it to pin 10 or 11 it won't reset.

Bit busy at minute but will look properly but will look for you later.
    I'm 99% the enable logic state in the drive is different to what the BOB is using. If you can find the enable pins that the BOB is using for enables then change the active state and it should work. Other than that you'll need to do it in the software on the drive. OR just leave them off.!

I'll need to know what pins on the BOB you are using control what on the machine. Ie Relays and there contact state ie NC or NO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Need to know the Dip switch positions on the BOB please.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

i left the dip switch positions off on the BOB. to be honest i thought that i would get the basics hooked in .i have an e/stop , a home /limt and xyz home/limit hoooek up normally closed . i thought that these would get me up and running.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e stop to bob.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	15248  

i haven't the overide wired up yet , i didn't think that would matter with regards to getting the motors to turn .
    Last edited by PAULRO; 02-05-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Looks like you hadn't set enable output. (enable1) Thats why the motors won't turn because the drive enable is being turned off.

Try this xml.
    Attached Files Attached Files

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

sorry Jazz , do i just unzip this and put it back into mach 3?

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information