. .
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    it's a 12 vdc pump , on its way . should have it this week or next . i should have asked here about the pump spec. before i went and bought it .

can you give the spec. of the pump you use and i'll get it as a back up ?

i still have to incorporate the VFD & spindle into the estop. i can either have the estop drop out the VFD which will drop out the spindle or i'm thinking just have the estop drop out the spindle and leave the VFD powered. i read that it isn't wise to drop out the VFD if the spindle is powered up and running because there is a good chance of damage to the VFD. is there a recommended safe way to achieve this?
    thanks once again to Jazz for the VFD control sketch as that was the next item on my list. i wasn't sure which terminals to use on the BOB PWM plug and the dwg cleared it up .

Don't what ever you do put anything between the VFD and spindle to break the circuit ie: Contactor or relay. You will damage the VFD and Spindle.

If you want to play on the safe side then put the VFD power on a timer relay and put this in series with the E-stop.
    The E-stop signal back to the control will switch off the Spindle in software when it see's E-stop or put the Run signal from vfd thru NO contact on your E-stop relay for safe measure so not relying on software. The Timer relay will allow time for the spindle to coast to a stop before dropping power to the VFD.
    This is the safest way.

Personaly I'm ok with Just putting Run signal thru E-stop contact or Relay in series and leaving VFD under power. I Never leave turning off anything to Software.

Regards the Water pump I bought last ones off Ebay and they where about £15. Can't remember seller name, it was China Job but if get chance I'll take a look.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 13-05-2015 at 06:51 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

thanks again Jazz. i will organise a delay off timer for that circuit . just to double check a few things with you......
    1... the run signal( from VFD) is the ''FOR'' signal from the BOB relay.
    2... the PWM connector on the BOB has 3 terminals, +10 v , FIV, GND.
    i'm only using the FIV & GND terminal to connect to the VFD.
    the +10v terminal remains unconnected?
    this side of the build is new to me so i'm being extra cautious !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    just to double check a few things with you......
    1... the run signal( from VFD) is the ''FOR'' signal from the BOB relay.
    Yes Take wire from FOR and run thru the BOB relay contacts and back to DCM on VFD.

2... the PWM connector on the BOB has 3 terminals, +10 v , FIV, GND.
    i'm only using the FIV & GND terminal to connect to the VFD.
    the +10v terminal remains unconnected?
    this side of the build is new to me so i'm being extra cautious !!!!
    Caution is Wise policy if your not sure.!

The +10v is used to provide the reference voltage if you want to control the speed with a Pot (Potentiometer). You don't need it because the BOB provides the reference voltage. (FIV)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

I have noticed that when any of my ,X,Y,Z, limts are triggered MACH responds with a ''PLCM limit reached '' under the reset button . the ''M2 -- LIMIT'' led , flashes briefly in the diagnostic tab under the ''Z'' column and my motors also loose their hold on the axes. when the ''A'' is triggered i get the same result but M4--LIMIT'' flashes in the same column .i 'm at a loss at this stage because i thought that the motors would hold their position and that the leds would stay on. i was about to wire in the overide for the limits and the control for the VFD but i will hold off until i sort this out. if any one can shed some light on this it would be greaty appreciated. i have checked the wiring and the ports and pins settings and everything seems in order. this has me stumped.

It's been awhile since I played with PLCM but will probably be the PLCM disableing the motor outputs when it see's a limit trip. Check to see if the plug-in as an option to leave motor outputs enabled.

Not sure what "Z" Column your meaning thou.?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

sorry, i mean the 3rd column over from the left in the'' input signal current state''. i'm not too sure about the plug in for the motion controller, the paperwork doesn't mention an option to leave the motors enabled.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I have noticed that when any of my ,X,Y,Z, limts are triggered MACH responds with a ''PLCM limit reached '' under the reset button . the ''M2 -- LIMIT'' led , flashes briefly in the diagnostic tab under the ''Z'' column and my motors also loose their hold on the axes. when the ''A'' is triggered i get the same result but M4--LIMIT'' flashes in the same column
    I have checked mine this morning ( I also use the PLCM) and indeed it does release the motors when hitting a limit switch when jogging. So you always have to re home. I would of course not hit the limits in normal use because the soft limits are set to just inside the switches. (unless of course the machine was losing steps) ..Clive

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information