. .
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    cheers Clive, i'm just hesistant at this point because of smoke fear!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    The way I read the manual the inputs will take up to 30V there is a 1k Resistor in circuit that will limit the current at 24V to 24mA so not a dead short. Dean will no doubt pop along and give you the advise re the Estop and that bob. ..Clive
    Hi Paulro Clive brough this to my attention did you get this sorted.? . . . If not what's your fear with releasing magic smoke.?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi Jazz, i couldn't visualize the e/stop to the BOB and the e /stop hard wiring combined, as well as that i was reading up on the fault signals from the drives and read a post in a thread concerning dead shorts. i just got the two completely mixed up . i think i have it under control now . i have the wiring nearly finished bar the override and buzzer. i might try and configure Mach3 which i downloaded a trial version of. i 'm not sure if i should power up the drives and then configure Mach 3 or leave the fuses out until i get Mach 3 configured and then power up . Or have i misunderstood the process of powering up? or should i power up 1 drive at a time and configue Mach 3. to be honest i'm at a loss as to my next move now that i have the wiring complete . i have the belts off the motors until i get them to turn. i suppose i'm being too cautious perhaps?

Ok well a good bit of caution is wise policy but you have no need to fear mach3 it won't do anything unless commanded too.

First thing to do make sure control box is wired correctly and all drives power up. Check the E-stop knocks the drives out when pressed.

When sure control side is ok then set about setting mach up.

First place to start after installing plug-ins etc for motion control card is in Ports n pins by setting any input pin numbers for Estop etc. Without these set Mach won't come out of reset. If want leave Homes and limits for later but E-stop will most likely need setting.

Next set the pin numbers for each motor in Motor Outputs. Then goto motor tuning and set the Steps per based on your Micro stepping setting and ballscrew pitch. Choose a low velocity and Accelleration for starters. 5000mm/min & 500s/s are good starting point.

You should now be ready to go for testing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

i have the plug in for motion control loaded and the bob powered up with an e/stop signal (n/c) . i have set the pin no. for e/stop in port and pins set to 10 , port 1 but still can't get Mach 3 to reset. i keep getting '' External Estop Triggered'' the hardwiring for the estop is as follows.
    any help would be welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e stop to bob v 3.jpg 
Views:	667 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	15236  

i have the plug in loaded and the bob powered up . the e/stop pin set to 10 , port 1 but i cannot reset Mach3 . i get the message'' External E/stop triggered. the e/stop is wired normally closed as per dwgany help would be welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e stop to bob v 3.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	15237  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 30-04-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Set pin 10 to active low (green tick) then it will work.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-04-2015 at 08:51 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

cheers Jazz, i watched the first video on the Mach 3 website and got mislead , again!!! the green tick( active low) did the trick o.k. i need to give the tutorials another glance again to see if i can get the motors to turn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    cheers Jazz, i watched the first video on the Mach 3 website and got mislead , again!!! the green tick( active low) did the trick o.k. i need to give the tutorials another glance again to see if i can get the motors to turn!!!
    Well if you have Mach out of E-stop and reset then your half way there. After setting correct motor port & pins then it's a simple case of motor tuning.
    Just remember to set the Native units ie Inch or mm before tuning motors otherwise you'll have to re-tune motors. Mach Default is set to Inch.!
    (restart mach if you change units)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 30-04-2015 at 09:26 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

i'm at a loss at the mo trying to ge these motors to turn. i have autoconfigured them without the signals hooked in and they were fine , i mean they shuddered slightly for a second or so as per manual . i have mach running with the signals hooked in and the motors can turn by hand when the system is powered up .i power down hook out the signals and power up and the motors come on and are held on. i have gone through the motor tuning and set the appropiate ports and pins and still no joy. i have played with the enable settings and still no joy. there must be something i'm missing. i'm running a demo version of Mach and i'm wondering could this be causing me problems?

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information