Hello to all,
i have been reading the various project builds on this site and have decided to take the plunge and build a gantry style router. i have a background in machining/ maintenance/ welding/ m/ building , autocad / inventor etc. i'm hoping to avail of the excellent experiences and know how of the various builders on this site. i will use 80 x 80 x 5 box section for the frame but i'm at a loss for overall dimensions. my cutting area will be 1240 x 1240 ( 1/2 standard sheet ) i will be m/cing wood, polycarbonate and light aluminum from time to time. i will use profile rails , ball screws, nema 23 steppers (3) , provision for a 4th axis and a 2.2 kw spindle. so as stated i would like to know the overall size (out to out) of a machine of a similar nature. i will build it in my garage and want to minimize the space used so if any body has built a similar m/c and could get me up and running with the dims. it would be a great help to get the show on the road. by the way, all my selections so far are based on the excellent advice from the various builders on this site. i will post a sketch as soon as i have dims to get the ball rollin' !!!!

cheers,
paulro