. .
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Ok think I know whats happening here. You haven't enabled and setup the Spindle output in Motor outputs so the spindle CW F5 isn't turning on or controlling output #14.

So try this first and I think you'll find it turns spindle on/off ok.
    Ports & Pins -> Motor Outputs / Spindle: Enabled /Step Pin # (14)/ Step Port # (1)

On the VFD set PD001 =1 This is external source for run command
    On the VFD set PD002 = 1 This is external source for Frequency.

If this works then you may need to play with Motor tuning to get the exact speed. Also go to Pulley setup and set minimum and maximum speed.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-05-2015 at 05:24 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Deleted because changed my mind.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-05-2015 at 05:43 PM.

the PD002 setting did the trick o.k. i can at least turn the spindle on/off( kind of ) from F5 . i can also increase and decrease the speed but i still need to have the active low setting ''ticked '' for the start / stop output. the spindle still runs on its own albeit at a very reduced speed . i have an LED on board the BOB for the relay outputs and the relay for the ''start /stop '' is constantly on because of the active low tick. It looks like a synchronisation issue between MACH and VFD, i think. ??? if there is such a setting . i also set the spindle pulley tab to ''MIN ZERO'' & ''MAX to 24000'' . there must be some other setting i'm missing. cheers jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    the PD002 setting did the trick o.k. i can at least turn the spindle on/off( kind of ) from F5 . i can also increase and decrease the speed but i still need to have the active low setting ''ticked '' for the start / stop output. the spindle still runs on its own albeit at a very reduced speed .
    Shouldn't do that at all.!! . . . So when you push f5 for off are you saying the spindle keeps running but speed drops.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-05-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Post the XML file for the profile your using for Mach3 so I can see how you have Mach setup.
    You'll find it in the Mach3 folder with the same name as the profile you use and ending with XML.
    Zip it up to post other wise won't allow you to post.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

i made a right balls of trying to copy the XML file and deleted it instead. i tried to restore it but having no joy. i will set it up again and get it up a.s.a.p. sorry for the inconvience Jazz

i made a right balls of trying to copy the XML file and deleted it instead. i tried to restore it but having no joy. i will set it up again and get it up a.s.a.p. sorry for the inconvience Jazz
    Mach keeps a backup for you. Just look in the XML backup folder it will be there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

at last
    Attached Files Attached Files

after pulling the little hair i have left on my head and trying everything i thought would improve my spindle issue i have stumbled accross what i think is my issue and solution. i had a single wire run from +10v (bob) to +10v (vfd). when i made off the control cable initially between BOB and VFD i just used 4 core,2 for the PWM and 2 for START/STOP, all sheilded. because i needed another signal for +10v I ran a single cable temporarily to test and this is where i believe my problems stem from. i unknowingly had the single cable next to a power cable and by chance moved it during the spindle running on its own and the problem dissapeared. Now i know why experienced builders keep the VFD outside the cabinet. i didn't realise how sensitive these signal cables are. once again a big thank you to Jazz for the time given in relation to this. everyday is a day for school .

Now i know why experienced builders keep the VFD outside the cabinet. i didn't realise how sensitive these signal cables are. once again a big thank you to Jazz for the time given in relation to this. everyday is a day for school .
    Sorry didn't get back to you last night but I was in workshop late and never got time to look until tonight.
    I'm relieved you found something because I couldn't see anything wrong with Mach setup and come to the end of what I could suggest.!! . . . Next step was a ferry ride to Limerick.!!

Grounding and silly Wiring issues are probbaly THE most common cause of premature Hair loss.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information