. .
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    While the cable you have would work, and many people use that I'm sure, if you look in the manuals for 2.2kw drives you will see that 2.5mm^2 is generally recommended.
    Also I think it's a good idea to take an earth directly to the spindle because if you have a motor to earth fault a lot of current will flow, if you don't have an earth wire it could flow though the bearings finding a path to earth and this could ruin them. If you were selling these things commercially they would have to meet regulations which most likely also encompass manufacturers recommendations, but if it's for yoursefl then you have to decide how far you want to go.
    These spindles only pull at Max 8amps the VFD manual is recommending to cover all bases. 1.5m/2 will easily handle 8A or anything you throw at these spindles. I've embedded my spindle in aluminium many many times pulling many amps stalling the spindle and loading it to the max without any issues using 1.5m/2 cable.

The machine should be earthed and adding another earth could create an earth loop and potential problems, it's happened many times before. The VFD is earthed and the shielding should go to the VFD earth point and that is enough. IME.!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    These spindles only pull at Max 8amps the VFD manual is recommending to cover all bases. 1.5m/2 will easily handle 8A or anything you throw at these spindles. I've embedded my spindle in aluminium many many times pulling many amps stalling the spindle and loading it to the max without any issues using 1.5m/2 cable.

The machine should be earthed and adding another earth could create an earth loop and potential problems, it's happened many times before. The VFD is earthed and the shielding should go to the VFD earth point and that is enough. IME.!!
    Well fancy that, all you time served people out there, you wasted four years of your life, it seems you didn't need to know all that stuff after all.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Well fancy that, all you time served people out there, you wasted four years of your life, it seems you didn't need to know all that stuff after all.
    Keep your knickers on Eddy wasn't saying your wrong or questioning your knowledge I'm saying 1.5mm is fine with these spindles after fitting many of these spindles without any troubles at all.!!. . Which I can't say about those being earthed at the spindle because I've had a few and seen several instances of people doing this and having ground loop troubles.

Also 2.5mm doesn't even fit the spindle connector so I doubt they where designed to use 2.5mm.!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

my Chinese spindle and vfd arrived today from Portsmouth.the coolant ports as can be seen had fittings previously fitted . i don't know if this is standard practice ( as in testing) or it's second hand spindle and passed on as new. if any one has a previous experience of this i would like to know before i go and contact the seller.
    the VFD appears to be new and doesn't have any sings of previous use. Then again what do i know!! i had a read of
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5814-...HINESE+SPINDLE to try and get to grips with the set up procedure . i'm curious to know if the settings listed in a post by Shinobiwan ( post 6) are still applicable . they are 2 years old but would save some unnecessary manual reading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7567.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	14738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7569.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	14739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7571.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	14740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7574.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	14741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7576.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	14742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7575.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	14743  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 26-02-2015 at 11:29 PM.

Yes this is normal for them to be taken out after testing. They used to leave them in and they often got snapped off in transit, ive had many come like this. If the body was scratched then I'd be suspicous.

The settings Ant (shinobiwan) posted are still the same I believe.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 27-02-2015 at 12:40 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

cheers Jazz , I didn't fancy getting into a paper trail with the supplier. the body looks fine , no evidence of a mounting bracket. i had a read of the manual and to be honest it would take another good couple of reads to filter out the stuff when compared to Ants post. i'll still need to go over it once i hook up the bob with spindle control. but at least i have enough info to get me testing the vfd with the spindle. thanks again.

do i need an internet connection to set up the PLCM-E3 OR MACH 3? my garage is a blind spot for a decent signal.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    do i need an internet connection to set up the PLCM-E3 OR MACH 3? my garage is a blind spot for a decent signal.
    Not for Mach3 but for the PLCM you may need certain windows system programs like DotNet etc to install plug-in and driver etc, depends how upto date your windows is.?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    I think you just download the plugin to a usb stick then you can do it without a internet connection. You might be able to use some homeplug adaptors like these http://www.diy.com/departments/tp-li...150301200758:s
    Solwise do some good ones and TP link are good. ..Clive

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

This did the trick , cheers Clive.
    my capacitor has a button on top . i couldn't find any info about it .maybe someone here might know.......... i fitted some of the switches ,and a temp control ( cheers Eddie). on the door of the panel and put some crude shelves up for the P.C. I had the fans fitted sucking air out on top .with vents to draw air in at the sides. i then came across a post so i think i'll be changing it about.http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7831-...SURE+ENCLOSUREi got this in the post ( cheers again Eddie) so the power supply is next to be tackled . so if i mount the coil on a plate and the plate is earthed , will that not in turn earth the bolt holding the coil? will that be enough or will i have to earth the bolt also?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7588.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	14801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7579.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	14802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7578.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	14803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7581.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	254.9 KB 
ID:	14804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7589.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	14805  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 04-03-2015 at 01:08 PM. Reason: more info

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information