. .
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Some Yorkshire man beat me to it
    Got to get up early to beat a Yorkshire pudding.!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

spot on , CLIVE /JAZZ, i spent a good bit of time initially setting up both switches square so it does look like it's not happening. i must try taking off the belts and using tape as suggested. good one .

i have 2M of 22 awg screened 4 core that i had set aside for the VFD control signals between BOB and VFD, This is the equivalent of 0.3 squared . i just read the VFD manual and it reccommends 0.5 squared . i can't get 0.5 squared locally . i'm about to give the 22 awg a try but would like to know what would the experienced heads use or have used?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    i have 2M of 22 awg screened 4 core that i had set aside for the VFD control signals between BOB and VFD, This is the equivalent of 0.3 squared . i just read the VFD manual and it reccommends 0.5 squared . i can't get 0.5 squared locally . i'm about to give the 22 awg a try but would like to know what would the experienced heads use or have used?
    For the control cable this will be fine. ..Clive

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

cheers Clive, i'll tackle that later.

i'm in a spot of bother with the mach3 spindle control. i have wire the BOBto VFD as follows,i have set up the various ports, pins ,outputs as follows, when i turn on m/c the spindle starts up and i can't turn it off until i do a reset from mach3. i can then go to the output signals tab and turn on active low for output 16 and the spindle will turn on. i can toggle it on and off from this tab. i have tried to set the various related ports and pins, on/off, but i still get no joy. any help would, at this stage be appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motor outputs.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	15382   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob to vfd.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	15381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	output signals.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	15383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle set up.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	15384  
    Last edited by PAULRO; 19-05-2015 at 07:13 PM.

well , i have at least got the spindle running and stopping (the correct way)) from the reset button in mach 3. i emailed Gary @ ZAPP and apparently i need to wire in 10 v from the VFD to the BOB. i'll give it a go.

Do the relays have NO & NC contacts and you have wired to the NC contact.? This cause spindle to start when Mach is reset because the Enable will activate the outputs and because you have wired to NC the circuit is made straight away.!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

i changed that and now it works correctly but the moment i take mach out of reset the spindle starts and i cannot turn it off . the spindle CW F5 button has no effect and i can only turn it off by putting mach into reset. i cannot adjust the speed also ii appears to run at top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    well , i have at least got the spindle running and stopping (the correct way)) from the reset button in mach 3. i emailed Gary @ ZAPP and apparently i need to wire in 10 v from the VFD to the BOB. i'll give it a go.
    No using Reset is not the correct way to start/Stop spindle.

I also think Gary as got this wrong. The 0-10V signal is generated by the BOB you don't need the 10V from VFD.

I'm a little busy at minute but I will look at this for you later.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information