. .
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Totts....come in..Totts...

.Me
    .Me

I read you loud and clear!

After being messed around by a courier i finally have a free 600x500mm electronics enclosure, just sorting out the back panel, and cutting the sodes for the connections cooling and readouts, machine is pretty much the same, just waiting for its steppers to be connected after the enclosure is fully up and running, and to top it all off, ive changed my job, busy busy busy hahaha

Simon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to totts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by totts View Post
    I read you loud and clear!

After being messed around by a courier i finally have a free 600x500mm electronics enclosure, just sorting out the back panel, and cutting the sodes for the connections cooling and readouts, machine is pretty much the same, just waiting for its steppers to be connected after the enclosure is fully up and running, and to top it all off, ive changed my job, busy busy busy hahaha

Simon
    Cool, I just can't wait to see her up and running mate that's all :), I actually came here to double check the air line fittings, where did you get the tubing from, Pegasus have it listed but it doesn't quite look the same as yours? Is it just the clear stuff but happens to have a blue tint to it or?

Sorry to be picky.

.Me
    .Me

I had mine from my old work place, they bought it from SMC. https://www.smc.eu/portal_ssl/WebCon...ed_node=999999

They are pretty exspensive though.

It is coloured /tinted blue on purpose.

Alough i wish i had used nylon tubing as i dont know how long the pvc pipe will last with the oil.

Simon

Hi could you please let me know what fittings do you use for the oil lines? I'd like to switch to something like this for my gantry on my machine but don't know what to search exactly, I'm using hiwin guides which have M6 holes for the grease nipples, would lines like what you have work for grease as well? and what do they call the piece that hooks all lines together so that you fill them all up from one point?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by totts View Post

Simon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to totts For This Useful Post:

Hope this helps, they are pneumatic air fittings, are availiable all over ebay different threads, tube sizes and options :)

Simon

10. The Following User Says Thank You to totts For This Useful Post:

thanks very much, sorry another noob question but if I were to pump from a grease gun, any hint on what type of nozzle to get? for the same size you are using

Thats okay we are all a noob at some point, i still am haha, im not quite sure what you mean,

Do you mean how would you get from grease gun to the pipes? If so then i would make a manifold which would hold the fittings one side, and the original grease nipple the other.

Simon

So its been slow but ive cut my enclosure and started wiring, its not my strong point so im taking it nice and steady!

Simon

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information