. .
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Nice to see you have it up and running. I don't know anything about that board but are you powering it via the USB if so can you power it from a separate power supply?

Are you running the drives at about 68V?

You don't need to connect to the enable terminal, that won't effect missing steps etc.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Possibly due to the Step pulse being on the wrong side of the slope. Commonlly step pulse is on the rising edge but in some cases drives may be set so on the Falling edge. If this is the case and on wrong side then can lose one step with every direction change.

To check this write program that goes back n forth few hundred times on that axis. Mark the start point and check it goes back to same point after the moves.

If doesn't then change the Step low active in Motor Outputs. This will put the Step pulse on the opposite edge.

It's a 70v psu I can't remember the exact voltage from the psu,

The akz250 is a Chinese board . I m pretty sure I can wire a different supply to it by using this diagram -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Possibly due to the Step pulse being on the wrong side of the slope. Commonlly step pulse is on the rising edge but in some cases drives may be set so on the Falling edge. If this is the case and on wrong side then can lose one step with every direction change.

To check this write program that goes back n forth few hundred times on that axis. Mark the start point and check it goes back to same point after the moves.

If doesn't then change the Step low active in Motor Outputs. This will put the Step pulse on the opposite edge.
    This would make sense as the toolpaths have a lot of direction changes due to it being an adaptive toolpaths, so if I change step low active will this run the motor in the opposite direction?

Quote Originally Posted by totts View Post
    This would make sense as the toolpaths have a lot of direction changes due to it being an adaptive toolpaths, so if I change step low active will this run the motor in the opposite direction?

No it shouldn't but if it does then just go into Homing and Limits and select Reverse. You may need to change the Home direction.
    Don't Change the Dir Active leave that the same as it can have an affect on drive.

However Like I said wouldn't change it without knowing for sure and the only way is to mark and run test code.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 17-08-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Thanks will get some code running on it when I can get to it next and set up a dti hope this works!

Okay so I ran 1000 lines of code from the settings I'm on and It went back to zero, I changed the step active and same code no missed steps.

I then ran my code that I've been having trouble with, about 4000 lines and I didn't have no missed steps, but I have this new problem when I jog my machine it Judders whichever settings I use and at whatever speed, but when I run a program it doesn't judder , weird huh?

Video -

P.s I know it's stalling it does it even if I change the acc and speed. It does it in every axis

had loads of problems with keyboards so try different keyboard before anything else

I've used a pendant and a keyboard same problem :(

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information