. .
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by totts View Post
    P.s I know it's stalling it does it even if I change the acc and speed. It does it in every axis
    If you have stalling problems then you must start by fixing those, before you start milling or try to figure out the missing steps. It may be the stalling which causes the issues you have. Anyway, stalling can be caused by too high speed and acceleration or some mechanical or electrical problems. Locate the source and fix that.

I've used a pendant and a keyboard same problem :(
    Disable jogging and fix the stalling issues first. You must be able to run rapids repeatedly without stalling. Once you can do that then you can start checking for the rest of the problems.

It's a 70v psu I can't remember the exact voltage from the psu,

The akz250 is a Chinese board . I m pretty sure I can wire a different supply to it by using this diagram -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That diagram shows only how to connect an external PSU for the drivers, not the BoB. Anyway, if there is no external +5VDC input to the BoB you can always split the USB cable, separate it from your PC and feed it through those two wires. It is not a good idea to take the 5V from the USB because that is not always able to deliver enough power, or the voltage is too low for your opto couplers. Generally an external power supply is preferred because it is better and more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Disable jogging and fix the stalling issues first. You must be able to run rapids repeatedly without stalling. Once you can do that then you can start checking for the rest of the problems.
    I set up the machine and had no problems with short code but long code I found I had missed steps (after machining that part) so I then ran code in rapid

G00X10Y10Z10
    G00X0Y0Z0

Repeated this about 1000 times and it went back to 0

After running a few test in jog mode the motor stalls as per video.

I'm hooking up a new computer tonight to determine weather it's the pc or the Bob.

I set up the machine and had no problems with short code but long code I found I had missed steps (after machining that part) so I then ran code in rapid

G00X10Y10Z10
    G00X0Y0Z0

Repeated this about 1000 times and it went back to 0

After running a few test in jog mode the motor stalls as per video.

I'm hooking up a new computer tonight to determine weather it's the pc or the Bob.

So you have no stalling at full speed? Run this a 1000 times:

G00X(maximum X)
    G00X(minimum X)

...to check X and likewise for Y and Z separately to check stalling. Running as short as to 10 units (inches or mm?) can be too short to test for stalling, but it is enough if missing/extra steps are needed to be checked. Also it is better to separately test the axes because running all three at the same time may result in less speed per axis than the maximum.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 23-08-2016 at 12:02 PM.

I had previously ran the x axis separately. And the y,

Some progress!

I have tried a new computer tonight and all the jerky ness has gone so I'm going to get a new desktop pc sorted and run my tests all over again and hopefully get some parts made!

Okay right after a new pic, running loads of test programs and the program itself in fresh air and then coming back down to a dti, and it returns to zero, I decided to run a test part.

Run the test part and I had it skip again argh!

I ran the program in fresh air but this time, I ran it with the spindle on!

And it skipped, so I've come down to interference.

Problem is, all my cable is cy cable, all grounded at one end, checked the earth continuity all is well.

But I have a cy cable on the vfd to motor cable which is earthed at one end and wondered if this could put interference down the earth? I've placed vfd at one end of my garage and the control on the other and currently running the program again so we shall see if I get the same problem.

After a few mystery e-stops I tried putting a filter onto the mains side of the VFD but no improvement. I then ran an extension lead from the other end of the workshop and plugged the VFD into that, instead of the row of sockets for all the CNC stuff (PC, monitor, control box power mains supply). Not a single problem since and has been good for months. Note that the VFD and motor cables themselves are still in the control box, next to all the other electronics. It's just the power lead that is connected remotely and that has solved it.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Interesting, my vfd is on a different socket to the rest of the control, but it is on the same ring main just two sockets apart.

Well the program has finished and it still moved so I'm going to take the shield off the earth tomorrow

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information