. .
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    What are the 5 grey looking things in the middle Si ?

Good to see your still pushing on with it all :)

.Me
    .Me

They look like solid state relays
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    They look like solid state relays
    U guessed correctly! :)

Simon

I messed around for a while with those for my control box but in the end I could not get them to do what I wanted. I think I was trying to use them to switch the main toroidal power supply using a DC circuit or something like that.

I used a contactor in the end which works a treat and is the right thing for the job. Why so many and what are they switching?

By the way, loving the machine so far.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thats what i wanted, using them with my 24v psu to switch on the toroidal ps, spindle, cooling, estop, program estop and coolant. Using the 24v for switching. I hope it all works lol

Simon

Solid state relays are not always good thing to use because they often fail ON.!

Yeh ive heard that, the electricians in work have told me a few stories, which im surprised the fail on, i have two relays operating on the estop so i hope thats enough otherwise i will go back to normal relays.

Simon

Please only use normal relays or contactors for e-stop, SSR's are really only safe for loads like heaters and lamps, i learnt this years ago when i was doing R&D for printing process and finishing machinery. They fail regularly and 99% will fail ON not off. Even when used for heaters you need to use sensors for over-heat which happens when they fail.

If using for motors, always fit a good snubber network to help protect the SSR.

Loving the build BTW;)

Morning all, managed to get it up and running and wondering if anyone can give me some electrical advice,

I'm currently using an akz250 (usb Bob) no I know that u need a stable 5v to run? Also using dq860ma steeper drivers.

The problem is when I run a long program like the one in the picture, I loose steps in the x axis, one roughing cut depth is different to the next.

Now I've tried slowing the motors down and changing the acc, and the problem still happens.

I had a quick look at my wiring and ran a multi meter over the terminals, I have 4.45v going to (can't remember if it was step/dir) and 2.7v on the other terminal,

Also my drive has an enbl + / - terminal, do I need to wire 5v signal to this? As my drive is working without it?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to totts For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information