. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thought I would start a build log for my Mechmate as I now have a few electrical questions. To the Big Red MM...

I am pretty much done with the construction side, a few things to finish off but it is actually looking like a Mechmate now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MM-getting-close-04-06.jpg 
Views:	3571 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	12650

I got to this point and noticed a few problems so it was rebuilt slightly and then put back to pretty much this state. I have the first layer of spoilboard to attach, fit the racks and start wiring from here on in.

I have moved onto getting my control box working utilising drawings from the Mechmate plans and Eddy Currents major safety circuit and this is where I have hit a wall. For some reason my PNOZ1 is not playing ball and is throwing everything else out as it is a major centerpiece of the safety circuit.

It went like this.... I first got 240V working via disconnects, pushbuttons and LED indicators - all good with that side. I had previously built a couple of power supplies, one 50VDC for my AM882's and a 24VDC one for my safety circuit, both of them made from toroids and capacitors. Trying the 24V circuit first I wired up my second hand PNOZ1 as per the tech doc I located on the net....... and nothing happened. It didn't matter what I tried I could not get it to activate. Thinking it could be my unregulated power supply I bougght a Din rail Meanwell 24VDC supply that seems to be putting out a constant 24.1VDC. Still no joy from the PNOZ. So I contact the seller telling him of my issues and he gladly sends me another one, this time it is brand new and even had the original docs on the box.

I disconnected the first PNOZ and wire in the second one but I still have NO ACTIVATION. This is getting really frustrating and I am thinking either both PNOZ units are stuffed or something in my wiring is dodgy. So I directly wire the the safety relay to the PS bypassing everything else in the box but still nothing. I include 2 images here, one of the power supply and one of the PNOZ as I have it wired. Can anyone see anything I can't (have been trying to get this thing working for hours!)

Power Supply:

Name:	Meanwell-PS.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	12651

Input 3 wires - L, N Earth
    Output 2 wires V+ & V-

PNOZ 1

Name:	PNOZ-Wiring.jpg 
Views:	774 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	12652

V+ from PS to A1
    V- from PS to A2
    X1 bridged to X2
    T11 bridged to T12
    T11 bridged to T22
    T33 - T34 left open to bridge for activation.

I tried connecting a single NC E-stop to T11 - 12 and bridging T12 - T22, as per the docs for single channel - nothing
    I tried connecting both NC contacts (2 separate contacts) on the E-stop to T11-12 & T11 - T22, as per the docs for dual channel - nothing
    I tried bridging T33 and T34 as per the docs for auto reset - nothing
    I tried connecting an NO button between T33 & T34 - nothing

The nothing part is happening to BOTH PNOZ units I have so something is very wrong somewhere. Any help diagnosing my issue for would greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Bruce
    Last edited by ozspeedway; 26-06-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Thread Information