. .
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Beautiful control box. Really enjoyed the vid.

Small comment re: the pot they are usually 10K lin. not log. (I know you say not say log)

I am pretty sure you can go from forward straight to reverse without problems. The ramp up and down seems very conservative.

..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Episode 2 : making the control box and deep dive into the XSY AT1 inverter setup. Impressed so far (for the price) . ..
    Thanks so much for this - I've ordered one of those inverters to run my vacuum pump and your explanation is a lot clearer than the Chinglish manual!

Hi Clive,

Thanks, I didn't know if people would find it interesting or not as it ended up quite long.

I'm intrigued by the pot comment - did you hear me say 'log' or are you saying it is worth clarifying ? I'll need to watch it again ! There was a bit of audio clipping in places which might have made it sound like I said something else.

The accel and decel rates are the defaults and yes you can switch between forward and reverse straight away and the inverter will ramp between them. I'll set those up when it is on the machine and driving all the correct inertia loads (pulleys, spindle, chuck, and large drill). There is a limit to the braking as it is all done inside the inverter (this model does not have external brake resistor option).

Thanks
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Hi Voicecoil

You are welcome. I'm impressed with it so far . . . .

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I'm intrigued by the pot comment - did you hear me say 'log' or are you saying it is worth clarifying ?
    No as I said in my post I said, you did not say log. But I mentioned it because if anybody used a log pot it would then not be a linear line for the speed increase.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    No as I said in my post I said, you did not say log. But I mentioned it because if anybody used a log pot it would then not be a linear line for the speed increase.
    Ok understood. I may mention it in a future video anyway in case someone buys a log pot and wonders what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Hi Voicecoil

You are welcome. I'm impressed with it so far . . . .
    BTW, what do you think they mean by the "intermediate frequency" in the green part of your table???

RE: Machining 1050 plate it's better to cut thru it in a single pass using a slot mill rather than trying to mill it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    BTW, what do you think they mean by the "intermediate frequency" in the green part of your table???
    I think it would allow you to shape the curve. My Moeller inverter from years ago had lots of set points, presumably for that reason. Don’t know any more on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    RE: Machining 1050 plate it's better to cut thru it in a single pass using a slot mill rather than trying to mill it away.
    Ok thanks Dean I’ll try that next time ��

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information