. .
    Hi folks,
    I´m new to this forum and am looking for anyone who may have purchased a CNC 3 axis router from China. I am considering buying one but hoped for some feedback before I part with a sizeable chunk of money !! Any info will be muchly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by innovation3 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I´m new to this forum and am looking for anyone who may have purchased a CNC 3 axis router from China. I am considering buying one but hoped for some feedback before I part with a sizeable chunk of money !! Any info will be muchly appreciated.
    Hi welcome to the forum. It would be helpful if you gave a link to what you are looking at and also what you intend to cut with it ie. wood, plastic ali, etc. ..Clive

Hi Clive, thanks for getting in touch. I will be using the machine to cut molds from MDF, tooling block and also shaping foam. Possible on rare occasions Ali. The company is called SHANDONG CHENCAN MACHINERY CO.,LTD, has anyone ever heard of them ?! The link is: I introduce MS1230B to you. Please open and download detailed information from my Micosoft Skydrive: http://1drv.ms/1wAkheZ

Many thanks

Tim

Looks Ok for molds, given the working envelope -z 500mm. Another added bonus is the yaskawa servos.

But:
    -only 200cm long ? its smaller than a standard full sheet of say plywood. 240cm here in Spain is the typical one.
    -rack and pinion ? 200cm can still do with ballscrew. Which could lead to finer finish.
    -NC control. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/ind...?topic=19969.0

If i was spending >12000 eur for a machine i would look to be controlled by a pro controller, at least CSMIO like, 24v, differential signals, etc.and especially a well supported product.

I mean if you buy it at the price stated, import it legally and pay duty and transport. Its not so cheap.

Hi Silyavski,
    Many thanks for your input. As for bed size, we are a little stretched on floor space in our workshop but are certainly still looking at larger bed sizes. Do you know of any Spanish companies that sell well priced, 2nd hand CNC Routers. This would certainly save us on import taxes and also for continued after sales support ?! I shall look into other varieties of ballscrew machines also as a finer finish is what I will require for mold surfaces.

Thread Information