. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just don't forget that you can still "slave" the axis by using bigger motor and belt to drive the 2 ball screws together , so actually The Csmio-IP-M is still viable option , in fact the best if you go that way.

Dean, did not you drive your machine like this?

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    Dean, did not you drive your machine like this?[/COLOR]
    Yes my machine is driven like this and it's actually using the Csmio-ip-M at the moment.
    I've had all the motion control cards on it at one point or another and none of them can match the Csmio-IP-M. It's much smoother and actually increased max feedrates with no change other than the controller and plugin.
    I was very surprised to be honest just how much better it performed to the others and that's dispite it having a much lower frequency. I mostly put this down to the fact there's less bottle neck from not having an external BOB in between with the signals being much cleaner and more closely controlled.

One of the things I like about being here is finding out about other products we never hear about. Nearly every other forum I frequent sings the virtues of US made products - Gecko, ESS etc. Now I have found out about the PLCM-E3 I am very tempted to buy one instead of an ESS even though it would be about the same in Aus dollars either way. My only question would be would it still be a good idea using it along with a PMDX-126 as I am a neophyte when dealing with motion controllers.....

To be honest there's virtually no difference between them performance wise except I'd say the PMDX is much better BOB and Steve stallings is very good with support as is Peter Homann so in your case being in OZ I'd stay with the ESS + PMDX. Worst thing about the ESS is Greg at Warp9 won't fix things that should be fixed or if he does it takes an age and lot of shouting.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    To be honest there's virtually no difference between them performance wise except I'd say the PMDX is much better BOB and Steve stallings is very good with support as is Peter Homann so in your case being in OZ I'd stay with the ESS + PMDX. Worst thing about the ESS is Greg at Warp9 won't fix things that should be fixed or if he does it takes an age and lot of shouting.
    Thanks Jazz. The only thing that spooks me are your final words of the above, being on the butt of the world has its disadvantages and support like Warp9 would be one of them. I already checked the website of the PLCM-E3 and they only ship to places in Europe so I would need to find another dealer anyway.

Anyway, as I was not pulling the plug on the ESS until next week, I have at least heard of other options now for future reference.

Bruce,
    I'd seriously consider the CSMIO/IP-S. It's the one I'll be using if I ever get around to assembling my machine.
    I've heard nothing but outstanding reviews from the most respected members of several forums.
    As Jazz says, it's the best available. It's expensive, but you won't need the PMDX-126, so the total cost isn;t that much more than the PMDX + ESS.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Gerry

I read that too however I have already bought the 126. I just wish I had seen Jazz's post before purchase otherwise I would would be doing as you suggested. The IP-S version, to buy from the UK, would be over AUD$1000 however but the IP-M would be a tad over A$400, actually less than a 126 + ESS. Hmmmm wondering if I can sell my unused 126 for close to what I paid for it? :)

Well, after reading the manual for the IP-M version I have decided NOT to buy an ESS but wait a little longer and buy the CSMIO/IP-M at a later date. Even though I have a Mechmate with dual X drives, it is not recommended practice to home both sides separately meaning the IP-M is a perfectly valid option for my machine. The PMDX-126 can do the job for now while I watch the Euro exchange rate closely :)

JazzCNC, please do tell more on your implementation of the CSMIO/IP-M with AM882 drives, I am all ears...

I don't think so. The IP-M does not support slaving at all, not just slaved homing. Jazz can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Bummer... oh well, I'll have to save a little longer and go for the IP-S :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information