. .

Thread: Plcm-e4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Jazz is mostly right - however I think you can afford to skip a few of the nice-to-haves.
    Ok after looking at the manual they have changed this board completely, the original PLCM-E4 that I used is completely different regards I/O and didn't have any isolated inputs or relays etc.

So Doddy is correct you have everything you need, you just need to connect up to the right places. If your not sure where those right places are then don't turn it on until you have checked with us.

Regards the Step+/Dir+ then you simply connect to the outputs on Port #1 then assign the output in software for each ie:

X-Step + = Out # 1 port #1
    X-Dir + = Out # 2 port #1
    X-Enable + = Out # 3 port #1
    Y-Step + = Out # 4 port #1
    Y-Dir + = Out # 5 port #1
    Y-Enable + = Out # 6 port #1
    Z-Step + = Out # 7 port #1
    Z-Dir + = Out # 8 port #1
    Z-Enable + = Out # 9 port #1

Connect Drive negative pins wired in parallel to any GND pin on port #1

However, like Doddy says you could just leave the enables unconnected to save outputs or to save pins just use one Output to enable all the drives.

thanks for the info helps clear things up a bit, as for the comment for " clearly are less than confident with what you're doing" then no offence is taken as am not that confident with this board, i have wired up a chinese cheapo thing before but that had clear dir/step/enable pins
    i will post pictures etc up once wired up success or failed as reference for others

3. Hello,
    JazzCNC and Doddy provide with right pieces of advice!
    The LTP port doesn't contain an optocoupler.
    It is better to connect a BOB with optical isolation.
    For example, PLC4x-G2(please see its English manual https://purelogic.ru/data/docs/elekt..._manual_en.pdf )
    Also please see the new English manual for PLCM-E4 http://pumotix.com/upload/iblock/26a...30004d074b.pdf
    please keep in mind that having such a controller, you can get basic features of our software http://pumotix.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Purelogic R&D View Post
    Hello,
    As an end-user (not of your kit - at least not yet) - can I offer some insight into the documentation provided.

To understand the interfacing requirements it would be very useful to offer equivalent-circuits in your documentation for each class of input and output.

* Opto-isolated inputs - what series resistor have you used?, what's the maximum forward current of the LED?
    * Buffered outputs - what's the source/sink current capability? are the drivers open source/collector? What's the output voltage - e.g. referenced to a local 5V regulator?
    * Relay outputs - what is the switching current?, AC/DC max switching voltage?
    * Non-buffered inputs - what's the switching characteristics?, any pull-ups, pull-downs?, can they be left open circuit?, minimum "high" input, maximum "low" input.

The above helps a lot in trying to design around your boards - I was surprised not to be able to easily find that basic information out.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

starting to give up will connect using pure motion/pumotix but can not even get the card to show in mach3,wondering what im doing wrong i fi see a cslabs board going at a good price i think ill cut my losses. im sure this would be great if i could get it tow work

tried ip addresses etc even turned fire wall ofClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (21).png 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	27472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (20).png 
Views:	142 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	27473

7. Gregors,
    As far as we see, your PLCM Mach3 version is not actual.
    Please find the updated one here https://purelogic.ru/data/soft/elekt...mach3_soft.zip
    Also having a PLCM-E4 motion controller, you have an opportunity to get Pumotix software free.
    Please have a look at the thread http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13399...x-CNC-software

yup that plugin worked great, connection is now made in mach3
    ive had a look at your software and may be something ill play with in the furture for now ill tick to mach3
    just need to get the inputs like probe and limit switches of this board

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gregors For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information