. .

Thread: Plcm-e4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm currently trying to decide what motion controller/BOB combo I'm going to use for my new router build.
    I'm going with 3 axis, dual stepper on x-axis, so I need slaving and at least one extra axis to add a 3d printer addon (I know, not the best 3d printer).

I can't really decide what to get at the moment, probably leaning toward either an ESS + some random BOB or a PLCM-E3 with some BOB (currently undecided). ESS is hard to get in EU though.
    Lo and behold, I then stumble upon a board called PLCM-E4 on purelogics site. It appears to be a slightly slimmed down version of the E3, but with a BOB integrated.
    http://www.purelogic.ru/files/downlo...er/PLCM-E4.pdf + google translate works pretty good.

What do you think? Should I send an email to Purelogic, see if I can buy it?

Or, should I get a PLCM-E3, if so what BOB should I get?
    http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/elec...out-board.html looks like it's both the B1 bob and an E3 if I go by the pictures and the price tag, but the description is rather vague. Does this include the E3?

I realise this is a bit of a ramble, but I'm rather confused at the moment, trying to decide what to get. Cost is a bit of a concern, and I wouldn't want to spend as much on a bob as I do on the motion controller as it seems like some people do.

Any tips?
    Last edited by Tumblebeer; 13-07-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Thread Information