. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bubba View Post
    I'm not Robin, but Turbocnc is my controller of choice. I have been using it since about 2000. I used it for quite a while before I registered it. It is fully functional when you download it. Registration gives you access to the source code so you can make your own changes. It is written in pascal and compilers are available as freeware. Doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it gets the job done and as far as I am concerned, it does it quite well.
    Thanks, handy to know it works okay, I think I still have Borland Turbo Pascal for DOS so might still be useful and I have a 5 1/4 floppy drive for the media but don't know if it will work with Windows 7.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 26-08-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Yep, Mach3 own high priority driver takes care of that. I'm not sure it can work with Win7 and 8. Although I've read some people use it under Win7.
    As for the coordinates of the machine, my personal opinion is that the near left corner relative to the operator's most convenient position should be assigned X0/Y0. It does not matter which axis is the longest one. Thus you maintain correspondence to the CAD and CAM software. Setting work zero is another thing and depends on where you fix the material on the table. For long machining sequences I zero the machine by means of home switches (Mach3) and then write down the real (machine) coordinates of the work zero. Just in case something goes wrong I am able to reposition with acceptable accuracy.

Lives in LaGrange, GA USA, United States. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 78. Received thanks 10 times, giving thanks to others 2 times.
    The current version requires full blown boraland 7 (which can be had at <http://vetusware.com/download/Pascal%207.01/?id=3724>. I don't remember the reason Turbopascal won't work, but that is what the authors told me. V7 and windows7 won't cooperate either, so you will need to run that in a virtual box.
    There are also more recent compilers out there that should work but I haven't tried them yet.
    Art

AKA Country Bubba
    (Older than Dirt)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information