. .
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    There is no problem using one motor I think most would use a nema34 in this case. You can buy the belts made to measure it might be an idea to have the belts lower down so as to be able to put long lengths of stock through the back etc.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Cheers, Just noticed your build seems to have a long belt on, Does it whip much on change of direction and whoa, there big pulleys, do they need to be that big? I was going for minimal?

Sorry, that last post was to njhussey, You posted to quick, I know I can get a belt long enough but I don't know if the flex/whip will cause issues such as catching the inside of the box section which I plan on using just because that is whats left from my cut plan :-) If theres a problem then I would rather rectify it now rather than buy stuff that won't work...I'm tight like that ;-)

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    The problem with big pulleys I am led to believe is the inertia that they have. I have no idea on how much the belt will sag but you can always add the belt cover when you have it up and running.
    You will need to run a 70V power supply for the motors.
    ..Clive

I'm running my Nema 34 on a 230V Kinco driver and at the moment it's running on 10 m/min rapids and very happy, had it on 15 m/min and was still happy but don't need that sort of speed. I got the 40 tooth pulleys as the Nema 34 has bags of torque and I wanted as much tooth engagement as possible...

I've not noticed any whip on change of direction...
    Last edited by njhussey; 27-08-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Neil I thought you had used 230V but when I looked at your schematic I saw three drives connected to the PS did you originally go with nema 23 all round?
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Neil I thought you had used 230V but when I looked at your schematic I saw three drives connected to the PS did you originally go with nema 23 all round?
    I've got an AM882 driver for a 4th axis as well now but did originally plan to use a Nema 23 on all axis as the calculator showed I'd be able to use it on the X axis but I decided to play it safe and go up a size.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I've got an AM882 driver for a 4th axis as well now but did originally plan to use a Nema 23 on all axis as the calculator showed I'd be able to use it on the X axis but I decided to play it safe and go up a size.
    Ah! that fooled me
    Last edited by Clive S; 27-08-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    ..Clive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150706_141406.jpg 
Views:	998 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	15966

On the schematic it only showed the two AC wires that were going to the driver, don't think I even put a representative box on it....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post

On the schematic it only showed the two AC wires that were going to the driver, don't think I even put a representative box on it....
    I looked here but didn't notice the 230V drive. That will teach me to assume. ..Clive
    ..Clive

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information