. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in leicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 363.
    i see a few of you have your own blog/web pages for your projects,maching etc im after recommendations for free sites that are easy enough to set up.
    at the minute i have one with 1&1 and pay 20 quid a month id like to rap up as i cant justify keep paying that,thanks
    Last edited by dazza; 18-07-2014 at 07:58 PM.

2. I'm using Kualo (http://www.kualo.co.uk/). Cost me £90 for 3y small biz package, unlimited email and website capacity. WordPress, databases, ecommerce and a host of apps all included. So far customer service has been excellent, 3 issues resolved within 20min of me raising a ticket. Moved my website, domain and 3gb of emails over in less than 1/2 a day.

Not free, but looked at all the free ones and all were too limiting, especially on capacity and features...
    Last edited by irving2008; 18-07-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Lives in leicester, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 363.
    Thanks for your time irving ,I will have a better look at that in the week,right now im trying to get out of the contract with 1&1.
    I didn't realise that they automatically roll you over into another 12 month contract unless you uncheck the auto blablabla which is buried somewhere in the control panel.
    its looking like I will have to buy my way out of it,despite the site being off line the last 6-7months unused.
    ta

I get my mail addresses from my ISP and rent a chunk of blank space from http://www.hostmonster.com/

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 45 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If all you want to do is a blog, then https://wordpress.com/

You can use your own domain name if so desired.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

thanks a lot lads,i managed to get the 1@1 package closed,ive got a few options to go at now so ta very much ;)
    Last edited by dazza; 27-08-2014 at 10:30 AM.

My brother set up the webserver I use - so we just pay the cost of getting the domain name, which <£5/year, plus the cost of electric which is small as it's <5W. I never seem to get round to putting anything on my site though. You could use it that way, but it means learning how to design a website or finding a suitable program to do it for you...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Thread Information