. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Let me just say that unless you intend to move this machine about often then I wouldn't use any connectors. Wire direct from motors to control box to lessen any potential for poor connections and places for bad joints. These type of connectors are one of the prime trouble areas after newness as worn off and cables weight starts putting stress on connectors and pins. They where never designed or intended to be left permanently connected and are meant for short term quick release and connection for the music industry.

Have you bought the Zapp Kit yet.?

I built my machine over 2 yrs ago .. been running 24/7/364 since then (ok , maybe 20 hrs a day :) ) ... the cable I used was salvaged hover mower cable 2 core ... two runs per motor ... connected with chocolate block type connectors .. have had no problems what so ever :)

this is what I started with .. skip dive build :)

this is the running machine

absloutely no problems what so ever with wiring connections :)

Hi irving2008

Thanks for the post on this. I have used 2.5mm2 4-core SY cable for connecting up my 2.2kw spindle to the VFD. Got an offcut from Premier Cables really cheaply so I will use them as my first port of call. They sell to large users and they said it's good for them to sell off the offcuts so it reduces the stock taking efforts!

- Mike

Hey guys, great thread.... I'm now in the position to dismantle the temporary wiring and hard wire everything up. My question is, am I right in say that this is the correct wire to purchase?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...235457&alt=web

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Hey guys, great thread.... I'm now in the position to dismantle the temporary wiring and hard wire everything up. My question is, am I right in say that this is the correct wire to purchase?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...235457&alt=web
    That wire will be fine but it is too expensive If you search for it you can buy it for about 70p here is a link http://quickbit.co.uk/Cable/CY-Cable...-0-75mm-4-core but this is not the best cable as Dean will point out when he sees this but I just can't find the link for the better quality cable at this time. I will have another look tomorrow
    This is the correct link http://www.csecables.com/acatalog/CY-Cable-4-Core.html ...Clive
    Last edited by Clive S; 12-10-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Added Link

is this the site clive S ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T0rnado69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by T0rnado69 View Post
    is this the site clive S ?
    Yes that's the site and yes it's better than the Quickbit stuff.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Really, i thought it was cheap.... maybe because everything else was so expensive haha

Cheers guys

OK guys sorry maybe a silly question but what wirethickness do i need? im using Nema 34 all round apart from the Z

Glad you got sorted. I have been beaten to it by the night owls or (elves) I have added the link to my post as well. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    OK guys sorry maybe a silly question but what wirethickness do i need? im using Nema 34 all round apart from the Z
    In that case I would use 1.5mm but do you really need nema 34 motors if so is your power supply big enough? ..Clive

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information