. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Clive, Yeah i need 34 all round as its a heavy gantry with future plans for it to put on a little more weight! This is the setup i had before i stripped my last machine down due to a huge bust up with my last boss. unfortunatly everything else was left :(

I decided to run R&P on the X with cncrouterparts pro drives

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141010_165749.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	13593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141010_182927.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	13594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141011_181158.jpg 
Views:	529 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	13595  

Clive would i be right in saying that the 2.5 would be ok to power the spindle? from the spindle to the VFD

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Clive would i be right in saying that the 2.5 would be ok to power the spindle? from the spindle to the VFD
    2.5mm will be fine I take it that it is a 2.2Kw spindle I personally would use 1.5mm but others might say not. ..Clive

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Yeah its the 2.2Kw might aswell bulk it up incase anything changes.

The trouble with 2.5mm is the connecting in to the plug on the spindle and 1.5mm will carry in the region of 18A which is more than enough. Good luck with the build. ..Clive

Crap i forgot abut that, thanks for the heads up

I'm with Clive 1.5mm is fine for spindle and much easier as you can use same cable used on motors even thou only 3 wires are used. Can use 4th wire for an earth if you like but personally I don't bother as never needed to.!

Ive just ammended my order, thanks Jazz. Glad you replied actually i was looking for the review i think you done on the Leadshine motors, i cant remember if you said these were the way to go or not

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Ive just ammended my order, thanks Jazz. Glad you replied actually i was looking for the review i think you done on the Leadshine motors, i cant remember if you said these were the way to go or not
    Yes they are great but they are expensive so it gets a close call between them and Servo's so do some shopping around if your thinking to use them.
    Only thing they have in favor over Servo's IMO is that they are easy to use and setup with no messing around tuning drives etc.

Servo's will be better if you want higher feeds and torque.

That said if you use Normal steppers tuned correctly and running on good drives then you won't have any issues. Will say thou D-Man if your using 34 motors you want High powered AC voltage drives to get the best from them.! They cost more but also make build control box easier as you don't need a PSU for the drives so don't cost that much more in end.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Without hijacking this thread i will leave it at that. if you dont mind could i pick your brains at some point soon about these?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information