. .
    Hi Guys

I have machine size 1200 x 1200 CNC router running on NcStudio and have purchased Mach3 software with HG08 Breakout board from CNC4You. Can anyone help with how you wire the HG08 Breakout board to the router.

Our would be willing to pay for someone to set this up for me but I am base in Scotland to the west off Edinburgh. Anyone know CNC engineers around Edinburgh area.

I have inclosed pictures of the set up of the current machine if antone can help.

1) wiring diagram breakout board.
    http://cnc4you.co.uk/resources/CW5045%20Wiring%20Diagram.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg 
Views:	843 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	12871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg 
Views:	1180 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	12872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	12873

Last edited by GeoDurie; 22-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.

NC Studio card sends signals via a 15 pin DB15 connector. Taking out the card from the PC is not compulsory but I'd suggest removing it. You have to unplug the three orange connectors and follow their wires to the drivers to determine the correspondence to Step and Dir terminals.
    As far as I can see on the photo yellow is +5V, green is Dir(ection), Blue is Step Pulses. All three sets seem to be combined on JP4 connector and the one next to it.
    The rest have to be traced to where they lead. Some of them are definitely for input signals (like limit switches) back to the PC.
    Otherwise connections a clearly described in the manual. After identifying which wire is for what there shouldn't be problems to connect them to the new BoB. Without connecting any inputs, only the motors control wires and correct setting outputs in "ports and pins" menu you should be able to do a test move of the machine.
    Currently your drivers are set to trigger on pulse going down which should be set accordingly in Mach 3. "Active low".
    Disable E-stop input in Mach3 and you can make a test.

Edited because didn't identify the motor wires correctly on the photos at first look.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 22-07-2014 at 04:03 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Dragonfly
    Thats very helpfull you confirmed my thinking on the set up but I was unsure.

Thread Information