. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    For those who've seen them in the flesh when new, what is a realistic amount of backlash for the trapezoidal version?

I'm not wanting to machine with one, but I'm needing to probe some parts reasonably urgently, and grabbing one of these looks like the best short term option, and I can put decent ballscrews on it later.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

2. Hard to quantify, but a delrin nut on 12x3 trap threaded rod, using a tap made from a offcut of rod, was about 0.05mm when new, and 0.08mm after 3 months or so. Its good enough for 3D printing, and you can avoid backlash altogether by always scanning in the same direction.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I could probably live with 0.05mm.

It would be ideal if more ballscrew ones arrived in stock before the end of the month, as they're all currently priced £1k above what they've previously been selling at :-/

I've already got a decent controller ordered, along with a touch probe, I just need a machine to connect them to!
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information