. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Im hoping for a bit of help here,im completely useless with electronics I have a cnc that another lad wired up .
    But this time round ive tried to get as far as I can get without posting and cant say im enjoying it lol.
    theres an image below of how far ive gotten with it,its for an x3 conversion,feel free to tell me if Im doing something wrong.
    the power supply is 68volts and was a kit someone put together a while back for me, drivers are 70v
    bobs a cheap kl-db25.
    ive overlooked/think I need a 5v power supply to the breakout board and wondered what you recommend I do.
    is there anything off the shelf I can use that I could plumb into this supply.giving 5v thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3 electrics 035.jpg 
Views:	698 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	12934

any normal old phone charger, wifi router power supply, etc., just look to be 4-6v , >1A, though as i see your board has no relays, may be >500mA could power it without problem

Quote Originally Posted by silyavski View Post
    any normal old phone charger, wifi router power supply, etc.,
    thanks fella,i did come across that as a solution elsewhere but it was shot down by some due to not being a regulated 5v.

Most PSU from 1A and up are regulated in fact. That's how i power the BOB of my last build. I have opened last year for this and that at least 10 and only one of them was not regulated.

I should have some of those knocking around so I will dig em out,thanks

6. Something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skynet-SNP-9013-C-5V-1A-12V-1A-PSU-/281379631739?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Suppl ies_ET&hash=item418388727b]this [/URL] would give you 5v for the BOB and 12v for limit/home switches, etc. And easier to mount and probably more reliable than a wall wart long term

thanks a lot irving it comes up invalid link but this look to be it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skynet-SNP.../281379631739? will give that a go ;)

I've got plenty - come and grab one at the weekend if you want. I get them for about 20-50p from the car boot so you can have it for nothing.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

just bought a couple of those in the link jon but thanks for the offer ;)

Lives in Athens, Greece. Last Activity: 19-05-2022 Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 39.
    I have checked some old mobile phones chargers 5V < 1A and are not regulated.
    Maybe a post regulation to these chargers with an LDO regulator is a solution for isolated power supply.
    Last edited by vre; 01-08-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information