. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thorphar View Post
    I have found the em806 driver on zapp but cant find the am882 does this really effect the end result. Sorry for my idiocy 1610 and 1605 aren't those leadscrews, so why say forget? If they are and you suggest using these do you have a good supplier for leadscrews and nuts, in the uk or really cheap from anywhere else, it just seems that zapp nuts are far too expensive, i was thinking of making them myself ?
    Oh here is a picture of the router so far (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6v...it?usp=sharing).

Wait a minute

No offence but your design will fly to pieces on the first error when something hits something. By the look of it you can expect speeds in the range of 10 IPM with depth of cut no more than 1mm.

Lets start from the beginning.

So lets start from scratch with the help.

What is your budget? What you expect to do exactly with the machine?

I should explain that this is a project for my A2 at college. I except somethings not to work too well as this is just a prototype . I wanted to cut at least mdf, plastic and some 3d foam routing. The concept is based on an exciting machine that appears to work ok. The post here really is to find the correct electronics so that they are transferable to my final machine. The idea is to make a basic machine and then use it to cut the panels out for the end product that would be stronger and be able to withstand harsher loads. Also the photo does not show the whole structure behind the bridge, which is quite strong. My budget for electronics and drive mechs is around £600-700.

Quote Originally Posted by thorphar View Post
    I should explain that this is a project for my A2 at college. I except somethings not to work too well as this is just a prototype . I wanted to cut at least mdf, plastic and some 3d foam routing. The concept is based on an exciting machine that appears to work ok. The post here really is to find the correct electronics so that they are transferable to my final machine. The idea is to make a basic machine and then use it to cut the panels out for the end product that would be stronger and be able to withstand harsher loads. Also the photo does not show the whole structure behind the bridge, which is quite strong. My budget for electronics and drive mechs is around £600-700.
    OK, , i thought it was something like that.

Nevertheless you can reinforce the gantry sides, just do a search for MDF cnc and you can get better idea how to reinforce things with minimum cost. And dont forget to paint it.

Now ball screw is one thing and lead screw is another thing, not the same as you call them. You want ball screw, given the current prices of chinese ball screws..

Having in mind your budget, the buy from China directly. the savings will be considerable. AM882 is protected against all - improper polarity of the power supply, so just be carefull and there will be no problem. Will pass you with PM from where i buy stuff. Not that there is a secret - BST automation, many buy from him. This would be cheaper than LMB and any other,+ he is a very reliable seller. He has all you need or will source it very fast.

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information