The mill just arrived today and since this is not a very old and well commented on mill I though of starting a thread to try and answer any questions as well as ask a few.

I ordered the mill on Arceurotrade to be delivered in Scotland. It was in stock so it only took three days to arrive from order.
It was delivered by a TNT superman who lifted the ~70kg crate out of the van.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-04 11.17.16.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	763.2 KB 
ID:	12977

I went for the R8 collet and metric graduations.

The mill was in good condition with all accessories advertised and nothing was broken. Disassembling the crate was very easy, just a flat screwdriver was used. The manual that comes with is is much more comprehensive than anything I had found on arceuro's website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-04 11.28.58.jpg 
Views:	822 
Size:	922.2 KB 
ID:	12978

The mill had to go one floor up. To do this, I split it in 3 pieces on the spot: table, base with saddle and head with Z column. The head/column was the heaviest, but splitting the two would require undoing many of the electronic parts and connections.

The mill is now waiting for cleaning, oiling and lubricating. I've got Mobil 1 lubricant and white lithium grease ready. The mill was covered in heavy grease as expected, but also small amounts of an abrasive material, presumably sand. I hope this has not damaged anything while I was disassembling...

I noticed the edges of the dovetails are razor sharp. Would you recommend it is best to take the edge off at this stage?

Stay tuned!

Alex