. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What with my machine being very nearly finished, I thought I'd throw up a few pics for you to gawp and tut over.

I sacrificed rigidity of build for a simple build. I'd never tapped a hole or drilled a piece of metal before the start of this so I'm reasonably happy with what I ended up with. Obviously I'd do about 90% of it differently if starting over, but c'est la vie! I want to cut hardwood and a little plastic on it.

I haven't been able to give him muchtime recently (him or her...? I say the spindle makes it a him) as my mother was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer so its all hospitals and chemo at the minute but she said she would like to see it going before she does (got to love the gallows humour) so I am back to tinkering.

I've just finished replacing wires with shielded cable and doing the spindle cooling. All that is left now is to program the VFD. I went with a TECO L510 (after a Huanyang that blew up on me) but am struggling with the parameters.http://www.teco.com.sg/admin2/images...ual%20L510.pdf. If any kind soul could help me identify which parameters I should set to get the thing spinning, that would be much appreciated. I've got the standard Chinese 2.2kw water cooled spindle and am just looking to input the bare minimum of settings to get it going (i.e.the equivalent of the Huanyang settings in the set-up and advice thread).

Many thanks to everyone's help and advice so far. Would still be at the starting line without this site and its users.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000177.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	576.8 KB 
ID:	13006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000176.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	13005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000174.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	477.1 KB 
ID:	13004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000180.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	340.1 KB 
ID:	13007  

Thread Information