. .

Thread: My Machine

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Think its a T3 or 4 its 500watt I think max collet 8mm, Stupid 42mm collar though so had to turn a 43 > 42mm adapter!!.

At full speed its toooo loud!!! And at lower RPM's looses to much torque.

As for the DVD laser diodes, Yeah cost about £30 aswell so bargain!

I will start a new thread with as much detail as I can offer if there is any one wanting to try it.

Michael.

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Think its a T3 or 4 its 500watt I think max collet 8mm, Stupid 42mm collar though so had to turn a 43 > 42mm adapter!!.

At full speed its toooo loud!!! And at lower RPM's looses to much torque.
    I don't think they make the 500W Trend any more, but your post set me digging:

Trend T4 (800W)
    Sound pressure Lpa 91.1 dB(A)
    Sound power Lwa 104.1 dB(A)

Kress 800FME (800W)
    Sound pressure Lpa 77 dB (A)
    Sound power Lwa 88 dB (A)

I'm not sure which measurement is used to plan for ear defenders (80dB advisory, 85dB compulsory).

The Kress seems about 40% more expensive though based on list price... I might ask the neighbours if they'd be willing to stump up the difference!! :lol:

Think the difference on mine was more, Paid £30 brand new on ebay, Bet its not much louder than the kress, Hell of a lot cheaper and comes with all collets & extraction connector.

Here's one going cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TREND-T3-550-W...17113001r14680

Lives in Nottingham, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11-11-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 176. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Here's one going cheap.
    OK, £2.70 (so far) certainly counts as cheap!

Maybe I should try the T4 (as a compromise) to see if the low speed torque is any better. Coming with collets is a definite benefit because the Kress ones seem to be £15+ each!

Decisions decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Maybe I should try the T4 (as a compromise) to see if the low speed torque is any better. Coming with collets is a definite benefit because the Kress ones seem to be £15+ each!

Decisions decisions....
    All of them suffer at their lowest speeds, Again watch out for the crazy trend 42mm collar! Bastards!!!!!!!!

Are you not local to me Tom?

Your welcome to have a look at the T3, Cant knock it other than noise. Seems to cut 10mm ally plate okay!!! (1mm step depth with 3mm slot drill at 1000mm per min)

Michael.
    Last edited by michael; 18-05-2009 at 08:04 PM. Reason: I fucked up why else?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Decisions decisions....
    Lester Caine does a decent line in Kress gear.

http://medw.co.uk/wiki/index.php?pag...+Speed+Spindle

Just bought some collets and nuts off him to save changing the collet over in the nut. Well I would have done if I'd collected them at Harrogate and he was on the stand opposite me all show DUH!!

John S.

You do get around John S.

You do get around John S.
    Me Grandad had the first ball bearing push bike in Sandiacre, that's why there are so many Stevenson's around.

Actually was at the harrogate show with ARC's KX1 and KX3 mills.

That's Lester's stand just in the front corner.

John s.

Never been to the harrogate show, been to the Mach show at NEC a couple of times. Did you get my email John?

Michael.

Just like to say that I went round to see Michael on Sunday afternoon to have a look at his machine, nice bit of kit and a thoroughly nice bloke!

I am currently designing up a machine and without his help and advice I think I would be still scratching my head now trying to figure out what will work and what won't but he is definately pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again Mike and speak with you tomorrow.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information