. .

Thread: My Machine

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    You've seen my build thread then! ;)

Lee and John, thanks for the info - i'm going to Michael's later in the week to hear what a trend sounds like. I'm going to make my decision based on that. I've got my grandad's words running through my head - buy on price, buy twice. Could get expensive...
    Yeah i have seen your thread, Sometimes I should think before i type .
    seriously I was impressed with your build so far.

Michael.

Kip "Seriously" I always smile and I say that with a serious amount of seriousness.

Is that a nice smile or the scowl in the picture ?

John S.

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Kip "Seriously" I always smile and I say that with a serious amount of seriousness.
    So are you serious then? Or are you unsure about how serious you are when you’re showing seriousness about something that really is quite serious?

Yours semiseriously,
    Lee
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Is that a nice smile or the scowl in the picture ?

John S.
    Usually Wind John S, Did you get my email???????

Michael.

Gonna build a new machine! Any suggestions on how I could improve on my existing machine would be appreciated.

Similar flying bridge design but with single (larger) ballscrew for X axis and THK fully supported rail on all axis.

Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Another creep.............:wave:
    Creeping isn't such a bad thing John, It worked for me!! Thanks again for the bit you made!!!

I'm interested in this whole business with the laser. I had no idea DVD diodes were powerful enough to do anything... other than read dvds... and make home made laser pointers.

Do you think you could post a little info on how you did it?

Cheers,
    Dave.

Well what do you want to know about DVD laser burning?

You could just buy a 300mw DVD diode in a 12x30 mm housing with lens and driver board off Ebay for about £30, Seller I think is in South Korea but had a good track record with UK customers.

I made a mount to hold the diode where my spindle would usually go, The driver board I used needed a 6v Regulated supply so I just gave it 6v via a regulator switched via a Solid state relay driven directly by the parallel port.

I then wrote a simple script that swapped out Z moves in the G Code created by Cad software for M codes to turn laser on and off, The etching of a baby on some wood was done with a 180mw 635nm DVD laser diode.

Focusing the laser takes a little trial and error, But I got a spot size down to 0.07mm, Even 180mw at a spot size that small is a fair amount of energy.

Please feel free to ask me any questions as I know I ramble and talk shit sometimes.

Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Please continue to talk shit...I'm hooked ;)
    I second that :)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information