. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As it got a shity cheap chinese BOB.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    As it got a shity cheap chinese BOB.?
    Yer & cheap Chinese drivers as well, he bought 3 drivers & a bob, wired it all up & the x axis driver blew up, seller told him to try again & he blew up another driver lol, was asked for pictures to ensure all was wired correctly & after sending the pictures was sent a complete new set of drivers & bob, still no joy so seller sent another bob

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Yer & cheap Chinese drivers as well, he bought 3 drivers & a bob, wired it all up & the x axis driver blew up, seller told him to try again & he blew up another driver lol, was asked for pictures to ensure all was wired correctly & after sending the pictures was sent a complete new set of drivers & bob, still no joy so seller sent another bob
    Ok Well sounds like he needs to take the Hint and buy some decent gear.! . . . . . Bet there the TB based drives as well.?

That said Because 2 drives are going off at same time I'd be inclind to think it's the BOB not the drives but swapping the good working axis drive will show up if it's the drive or BOB.?

Not something I'd recommend unless the person is confident with electrics is to by pass the BOB all together and wire direct from the PP pins but this is a risky move and could blow the PP if not done correctly. So only for the competent hacker really.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-08-2014 at 12:57 AM.

will try switching the axis around to see what happens, could probably use my bob to test the machine if I had to, I know that works fine lol

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    will try switching the axis around to see what happens, could probably use my bob to test the machine if I had to, I know that works fine lol
    Would only do that as a last resort if it's not a spare BOB. Could be something else killing the BOB, if indeed it is the BOB, doubt somethings killing it it but could be.!
    Something I would try that wont hurt is your parallel port cable.! . . . In past I've had cables give silly troubles but often they just don't work or are irratic never worked then stopped so it's a clutching straws move. But still easy try so worth doing for elimination purposes.

Another thing worth trying that won't hurt and is a big elimination is trying your PC. This takes the PP and software out the equation which are both candidates for trouble.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-08-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Mine was doing that while messing about tuning the motors, I had the velocity and accel too high which was making them stall and trip out. The DRO was still going but the motors were not, to reset them involved power off/on cycle. They worked in jog due to lower settings.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 24-08-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Mine was doing that while messing about tuning the motors, I had the velocity and accel too high which was making them stall and trip out. The DRO was still going but the motors were not, to reset them involved power off/on cycle. They worked in jog due to lower settings.
    Don't think this will be the same Eddy. Yours was caused by the wrong tuning stalling motors which tripped the stall detect built into drives which then needed power on/off cycle to reset the drives.! . . . . No such nicetys here I feel.

But it could be tripped motors from being tuned to close to edge and when machine gets hot after 10mins things tighten up and cause binding so worth knocking tuning back to see. .

Being 2 motors at same time makes think not thou.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-08-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Thread Information