. .
    Hi

will post up some pickys in the morning.

I had a flood recently, and my machine got flooded, all motors were above the water line, but 2 of the main transformers were below for a while. ( not powered )

I aired and drained them, coated them with elecy cleaner.disperser.

Am going to dismantle them in the morning and remove them, and if there is no physical damage, am wandering if i may be able to clean and reuse them.

any opinions or advise welcome

We used to dry them out in an oven for several days, not too hot obviously just enough to drive the moisture out. Make sure any surface dirt has been wiped away around terminals otherwise surface tracking can take place when you re-connect, this can occur slowly over days/weeks.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

RICE is your friend ! for electrical components you will be amazed how the stuff just sucks the moisture out ....

however ive only used it on smaller stuff, phones etc ... not sure how a transformer is gonna fit in a bag of rice :P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackrat For This Useful Post:

If you're going that route, silica gel crystals is the 'proper' stuff, as used in power transformer breathers.
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 28-08-2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EddyCurrent For This Useful Post:

the joys of third world :-)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackrat For This Useful Post:

Thanks all, i will strip it out and silica gell it tomorrow...

Thread Information