. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guy I know had a machine converted to run on mach3, when I say had a machine converted what I mean is that someone ripped his old machine to bits, connected some of the new bits together & then disappeared leaving Wullie with a non working machine. I have tried to help out but not 100% sure what I am doing.
    The PC running mach3 works fine & I have also tested it on my cnc to make sure it runs, the serial cable has also been tested, the motors are wired up round the right way & when the system is started you can hear/feel them lock. If you plug the pendant control into the BOB the motors all move the right direction as they should.
    Now when you try to move any axis under mach3 control the axis light on the BOB lights the DRO on the screen moves but the motors don't any help would be really appreciated

Martin need more info on the BOB and pins motors are connected to and electronics. Also Limits and E-stop pins if any fitted.
    If possible post or email me the mach3 XML your using. You will need to Zip up the XML. you will find it in the mach3 folder under the name of the profile your using.

Sorry about the late reply, the guy is going to sort out all the details, not sure if things have got better or worse lol, have now got the machine moving on all 3 axis but for no apparent reason on 2 of the axis after a couple of minutes or so the motors stop moving. The DRO's are still moving in mach3 if you jog about but the motors don't move. Have to turn the power off & back on to get them moving again, same 2 axis all the time, "Y" axis & "Z" axis.

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    Sorry about the late reply, the guy is going to sort out all the details, not sure if things have got better or worse lol, have now got the machine moving on all 3 axis but for no apparent reason on 2 of the axis after a couple of minutes or so the motors stop moving. The DRO's are still moving in mach3 if you jog about but the motors don't move. Have to turn the power off & back on to get them moving again, same 2 axis all the time, "Y" axis & "Z" axis.
    Well if you haven't all ready start by pulling on all wire connections to check there are no lose wires.

no loose wires Jazz, it's the same 2 axis all the time, machine jogs about great when first started then you go to jog either the y or z axis & the motors don't turn but the dro on mach3 is moving

Quote Originally Posted by martin54 View Post
    no loose wires Jazz, it's the same 2 axis all the time, machine jogs about great when first started then you go to jog either the y or z axis & the motors don't turn but the dro on mach3 is moving
    Try swapping X axis drive with Y axis or Z axis and see if it moves. This will confirm or eliminate the drive from picture.

Thread Information