. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You do know you can mod PC PSU's to give 24v right?
    .Me

Nope, I knew they had +12v and -12v but the -12v rail is less than an amp? How do you do it?

Here's a nice ATX psu mod.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Com...b-Power-Supply

Michael.

I think you just take x2 units and wire them together in parallel, ill have to dig out the link for you if you need it ? Also sent you a PM mike.
    .Me

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I think you just take x2 units and wire them together in parallel, ill have to dig out the link for you if you need it ? Also sent you a PM mike.
    Err Lee, I think you mean in series! Its a relatively simple mod but you have to make sure that at least one of the units you isolate the 0v rail from the metal case and mains ground (normally the case is 0v and mains ground). If your modded unit is PSU2 and the unmodded PSU1 then you wire the isolated 0v rail of PSU2 to the +12v output of PSU1. The +12v output of PSU2 is then +24v relative to the 0v rail of PSU1. This will typically give you 5 - 6A at 24v and 300W PC supplies are dirt cheap on ebay.

Hi irving, yea your right i did mean series. I was going to follow up with the info but you'v done that now for me so thank you. Hows things irving, not seen you online for awhile ?
    .Me

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi irving, yea your right i did mean series. I was going to follow up with the info but you'v done that now for me so thank you. Hows things irving, not seen you online for awhile ?
    I'm good thanks Lee, just been really busy at work with budgetting for new FY taking up all my time recently (how hard can it be to spend £12m of someone elses money - very when the bank don't want you to spend it!). Still can't get at my lathe or mill as garage still full of builders stuff... if they dont come and get it soon I'm going to put it in the garden whatever the weather...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information