. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Guys,

Does anyone have some nylon sheet for sale please or know where the best place is to get some. Min size 20mm x 300mm x 300mm I made need slightly larger. I just need to finalize a design and want to know where to buy from in advance.

Many thanks

Suesi

Hi mekanik

Tar very much for that I have had a look just what I was after as for price nothing is cheap now it seems well nothing I ever seem to go after!

Many thanks

Suesi

Try ebay as well, just had a look through my records and i purchase a sheet of Delrin 1000 x 200 x 20 for GBP 30.45 with an unrecognized email address so it was probably an ebay seller, you could get lucky.
    Mike

Hi there,

That is a big help to me so many thanks

Suesi

Hi,
    Not knowing why you chose Nylon but I would like to suggest an option that I have not seen mentioned on these posts which is.. HPL (High Pressure Laminate) aka Trespa.
    It is a dense (usually Black) resin/paper material (think, very thick Formica) which comes in board form (up to 3 x 4m) with thickness's from 6-14mm. You have probably come across it in Public Toilets as the cubicle walling and doors. It is possible to get it on Ebay for between £10-£20 psm second hand. It is also used to clad modern buildings (screening). Generally with a paint finish to both sides.
    It is very rigid and machines very well.. (Routers are best) holds thread very well and because it is formed with heat and pressure is much less brittle than cast plastics like acrylic.
    I consider it to be a viable alternative to Aluminium for frame building though I think I would get shot down for my impudence from the elders..

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Hi,
    Not knowing why you chose Nylon but I would like to suggest an option that I have not seen mentioned on these posts which is.. HPL (High Pressure Laminate) aka Trespa.
    It is a dense (usually Black) resin/paper material (think, very thick Formica) which comes in board form (up to 3 x 4m) with thickness's from 6-14mm. You have probably come across it in Public Toilets as the cubicle walling and doors. It is possible to get it on Ebay for between £10-£20 psm second hand. It is also used to clad modern buildings (screening). Generally with a paint finish to both sides.
    It is very rigid and machines very well.. (Routers are best) holds thread very well and because it is formed with heat and pressure is much less brittle than cast plastics like acrylic.
    I consider it to be a viable alternative to Aluminium for frame building though I think I would get shot down for my impudence from the elders..
    Not sure if you red the OP requirements been min size pos larger, so guessing 14mm is not going to be thick enough lol.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
    Not sure if you red the OP requirements been min size pos larger, so guessing 14mm is not going to be thick enough lol.
    I think Trespa is made in other sizes http://www.trespa.com/uk/products but the OP did ask for nylon. ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I think Trespa is made in other sizes http://www.trespa.com/uk/products but the OP did ask for nylon. ..Clive
    Just went off what was said 6 to 14 mm
    Last edited by Dean jeffery; 27-08-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information