OK i got my ebay 60/40 about a week ago and i have been putting it together slowly. I have found i have had to run it at half the speed they say it should run to stop it grinding and stopping. So anyways i just been down to the cave to have a better look . I took the stepper motor off the X and the axis is very very stiff to move over by hand ( had to use 2 hands to push it ). This must the making the motors lose torque and stall im thinking?

So i removed the locking nut off the spindle and undid the bolts on the runners, pushed the X over again by hand AND n change sill as stiff. So i started pulling it back and the outer bearing fell out on the side from the motor fell out ( inner one still in place ) and wow the X slides so easy now. i can push it with 2 fingers.

So the outer bearing cant be lined up with the spindle so when its pressed in the spindle is binding on the bearing. Im Glad it was easy to find. All i have to do now is work out how im going to fix it. Also i think it may be the same one the Y as well.

Any one any ideas ?

Thanks mick . may help some one else having the same problems