Hi,
This is my second post and am making a 700 x 900 x 150 Mill. I have made the frame and gantry and (groan) I bought the Longs TB6560 (4 way) with nema23 hs8610 motors and S201-24 PSU for £108. I had read a lot about the poor board but figured if I bust it during my learning process then no great loss and buy something more appropriate.
I have got as far as loading up Mach3 and have got the motors and board all wired up on the bench and parallel port connected. I have tried running the 'roadrunner' gcode sample and the X & Z axis move but the Y and other motor (A C 4? no surprise..) doesn't move.

I am getting very hot motors even when not working.. apart from the Y which is cold. I have swapped over the X and Y motors and all the motors seem OK. It seems to be the Y channel on the board that is duff..

I had the DIP switch's all on 6 to start and thought that might be too much (I don't really know yet what they do..) So I turned them all off apart from No.6.. Motors still move but looks a lot slower.. Is that what happens..?

They are 6 wire motors and as by most information gleaned I have insulated off the Yellow and White and just connected red/blue and green/black in the way described in Longs piddly cd.

I followed their instructions on the 'Ports and Pins' and feel that this could be where my problem lies.
I could supply their suggested Pin No's if that helps..
I have read other posts suggesting alternatives but am a bit out of my depth here..

I do not know whether each set-up is unique or there are common points that someone else's set-up can advise me..
All help most appreciated..