. .
    Ive been set on owning one of these or a variation for a few years now, one that fixes to the z axis of the router
    last I checked the cheapest I could find that mounts to the router was around 2500£/euros cant remember which,
    that was a few years back and a bit rich for me.
    is anyone using one on here?or no of anything cheaper,im hopeing the prices have come down a bit..
    not interested in probes/david and the likes thanks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwwN5yyyKHs
    Last edited by dazza; 28-08-2014 at 05:57 PM.

very keen to hear any more about this, i looked into it a while back for scanning surfboards but since have devoted my time to building my router would love to hear if you find a cheaper option.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    very keen to hear any more about this, i looked into it a while back for scanning surfboards but since have devoted my time to building my router would love to hear if you find a cheaper option.
    theres a link to the actual scanner below there about as cheap as it gets price wise far as a i can see.
    ive not found any buyer/user feedback on them though.
    http://www.prototools.co.uk/shop/cus...id=18575&cat=0
    Last edited by dazza; 28-08-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Last edited by EddyCurrent; 28-08-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

[QUOTE=EddyCurrent;61219]Any use ?
    QUOTE]
    no but thanks eddy like I said not interested in david and the likes.i did own the david usb version,and played around with the Kinect aswell as 123d.

Sorry, I missed that line in your first post
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    Sorry, I missed that line in your first post
    no worrys im the biggest culprit for that,i spent a lot of hours on those you mentioned and I couldn't get close to what I needed,.ive not looked in on the david forum for a year or two,maybe things have come along since then.
    that I linked to would do me if I could see a bit more of them in action or some feed back.thanks.

I dont know if it helps but ive used two scanners in the past. One a line laser with a webcam which was ok but not brilliant and then secondly an xbox360 kinect with scanekt software. It works great especially with 3d sculptures like heads etc.
    http://skanect.occipital.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I dont know if it helps but ive used two scanners in the past. One a line laser with a webcam which was ok but not brilliant and then secondly an xbox360 kinect with scanekt software. It works great especially with 3d sculptures like heads etc.
    http://skanect.occipital.com/
    thanks jester like I said in the above posts ive done all that in the past.projectors, lasers,printing off calibration boards.kinect.. there not for me.
    im after a commercial option that fits to the router exactly like that in the link and in that price range.
    it looks like I will be going for that in the near future, ive found a company not too far from me sells the same scanner but the price isn't any better.
    edited to say i just clicked on your link,that looks great,i couldn't get anything like that with mine but that was a couple of years back.
    it looks like the softwares moved on a bit,thanks
    Last edited by dazza; 30-08-2014 at 10:56 AM.

the david thing has changed a lot all so now but still i would prefer something direct on the cnc as for big object you are going to need a large clear empty space to set it all up in im assuming. I will have to see if there is any info in the surf world on what they are using. i saved this link a while back that some one gave me but i never looked into it

http://www.ifm.com/products/us/ds/O1D100.htm
    Last edited by charlieuk; 30-08-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Thread Information