. .
    I am looking for someone who can build me a machine.

The machine itself is for making peg board signs so it has to produce a finished board size of 1200mm x1200mm. its not really a cnc machine as all it needs to do is to push a strip of metal into a grove with enough force to secure the fabric.

sounds easy right!

well each grove is 1.2 mm set the full width and every 10mm across the board. the strip of metal has to be 0.8mmin width and press down equally across the board. there also has to be some method to keep the board dead square to the pressure strip as if it goes out of square the board will be scrap.

I will put a couple of pictures on to give you the gist of what I am trying to achieve and the current machine we are using.

Many Thanks

Dan

It is not letting me put the pictures on, if anyone is interested I can email them over to you.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannovodesign View Post
    It is not letting me put the pictures on, if anyone is interested I can email them over to you.
    I think you need to wait about 36 hours before you can post pic etc. ..Clive

Sounds more like a pick and place machine, same principle as cnc though x,y,z axis, maybe somebody fancies building a robot arm instead ?
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 04-09-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Thread Information